Introduction and question

Options
Hi, I'm Katie, but I think my username will always be shown, so I'll go by that. I hope my signature is acceptable (after reading the *please read this first*)

My question:huh: is about getting the calorie count of something I make and eat often.
I use a can of Kirkland Olives (or olives I get at Costco), a pint of cherry tomatoes, LOTS of fresh basil, about 1/2 or 3/4 of onion--sometimes yellow, sometimes red, sometimes both, 3-5 garlic cloves, salt and pepper as needed. I call it Bruschetta topping.
How would I count the calories for that??
I usually eat 1-2 tablespoons of it at a time.

Thank you for your assistance!! :smile: :heart:

Replies

• pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    The only way I can think of is you would have to take the calories of everything you use then divide it up to how much of it you actually eat.
  • Bluejenn
    Options
    Hi! And Welcome!

I just started here a few weeks ago and have found a lot of great tools. Try going to the Tools tab and using the Recipe Nutritional Facts Calculator.

And feel free to add me if you're looking for some extra support.
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Hi, use the scanner on your phone app to scan the items you can and add the items you cannot indivually by serving used.
  • catmomof3
    Options
    There is a recipe builder under the food tab. You can divide the servings of the total amount what you make into 1 tsbp servings. If you have a scale weigh the total amount of your recipe and then weigh your usual serving. Divide the usual serving into the total amount and the recipe builder will calculate the calories.
    Hope this helps!