What to do with a broken metabolism

Options
So I am one of those pedometer freaks who takes about 60-70 thousand steps a day and usually only eat in the low to mid 2000 calories. I'm 5'11, 175ish pounds, college brat and workout with weights 6 times a week. But I still take the same amount roughly of steps a day. However, this was all good and I was losing weight until almost 6 months ago something happened where I suffered a period of chew spit disorder(this could've messed with my metabolism..) But am now recovered. However, ever since I started, I've gained weight like crazy about 30 pounds from 130 to 160 in 2 months! Then I lowered my intake to basically chicken breast and sweet potatoes totaling 1200-1500 calories Max! Nothing more . However, I'm still gaintaing. Now it's 170 range. I seriously think this is because of my metabolism but I'm reluctant to eat in the 4000-5000 calorie range (as recommended with regards to my activity) because it could just backfire.
I just wanted some help on this. Much thanks

Replies

• HHAEYOUNG73
    HHAEYOUNG73 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yes you read that right. Sixty thousand to seventy thousand
  • HHAEYOUNG73
    Options
    I just love walking. I used to live in Korea so walking is second nature. I enjoy walking especially in the early morning and evening outside
  • HHAEYOUNG73
    Options
    hipari wrote: »
    1. Get a new pedometer
    2. See a doctor, not random internet strangers
    3. Stop eating a one-thing-only diet of chicken breast and sweet potatoes, that doesn't have enough nutrients and doesn't include all vitamins etc.

Seriously, how many miles/kilometers does your pedometer say you walk? How many hours you walk per day? 60-70k would be 6-7 hours of just walking at a fast-ish pace, no breaks.

I already saw a doctor for the disorder and RECOVERED, but I'm pretty sure I'm here because I already tried asking about steps metabolism and all that to drs
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    How many hours a day do you spend walking? What distance?

How are you measuring your food intake?
  • harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    1. Get a new pedometer
    3. Stop eating a one-thing-only diet of chicken breast and sweet potatoes, that doesn't have enough nutrients and doesn't include all vitamins etc.

Seriously, how many miles/kilometers does your pedometer say you walk? How many hours you walk per day? 60-70k would be 6-7 hours of just walking at a fast-ish pace, no breaks.

I already saw a doctor for the disorder and RECOVERED, but I'm pretty sure I'm here because I already tried asking about steps metabolism and all that to drs

Then use the advice that your doctor's gave you regarding your metabolism and step count. I agree with getting a new pedometer, and reaching out to your doctor regarding your limited diet.
  • HHAEYOUNG73
    Options

I would guess over 50% of the day
  • HHAEYOUNG73
    Options
    1. Get a new pedometer

What did your doctor say about your over exercising? Did you show them your pedometer?

Just because you're not chewing and spitting anymore doesn't mean you're recovered.

He just said there's no problem with my steps. And said there's no such thing as over walking. He gave Michael Phelps or military people as an example who burn way more than me but still aren't bodily damaged
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,986 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options

I would guess over 50% of the day

You are walking continuously for 12 hours per day?

Or, even if you meant half your awake time, about 8 hours per day?

Other than people who are doing that short term, say, extreme hikers on a hiking holiday - it seems most people would not have time, inclination or possibility of doing this.

How do you manage your college studies? 'college brat' isnt a term I am familiar with but means you are a college student, yes?