My Diary

Options
Can you have a look at my food diary and see what I can do differently?

xx <3

Replies

• Chairless
    Chairless Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Eat your daily allowance! at least 1200.
  • bflicker11
    Options
    It appears you aren't eating enough.
  • bdurls
    bdurls Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I agree! Don't skip meals and eat way, way more!
  • hipbonesthighgap
    Options
    I figured it was only 300cals today, is that too much?

xx <3
  • hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    You can eat more healthy stuff to meet your calorie allowance. And let yourself have chocolate, just not too much. Dark chocolate...:)
  • bflicker11
    Options
    I figured it was only 300cals today, is that too much?

xx <3
    It's not just today you were under. If you go back and look at the other days, you are often under your calories.
  • Chairless
    Chairless Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    You dont want to be dipping below 1200 really, especially if you are exercising.

I wont bleat on about starvation mode but your body is going to panic eating that little. Over the months i have noticed a slow down in loss when i have been under for more than a few days at a time.
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    Hi hun,

You are definitely not eating enough...bring it up to 1200 cals and then if you are exercising add those cals to your food diary and try to eat those back also.

You won`t lose weight unless you eat enough to feed your body x
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Toast should be whole wheat
    Try almond butter instead of peanut butter
    Swap out the baked potato for sweet potato
    Find another way to eat your tuna such as a drizzle fresh squeezed lemon and cayanne pepper on top
    How bout add some protein such as grilled sirloin or filet on top of a mixed green salad with balsamic vinegar and citris juices mixed for dressing? Also, wild salmon steaks are great as they give you the essential fish oils, protein, and Omega-3's.
  • ahavoc
    ahavoc Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Eat your calorie minimum and drink water.
  • Tabby1980
    Tabby1980 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You're either not eating enough or not logging everything - and what about drinks? You also seem to eat most of your calories in one or two main meals, try to break it up into five or six smaller meals to keep yoir metabolism going :)
  • brittg7
    brittg7 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    why are you not eating?!?!?! but your calories should be MUCH higher...

do you have a lot of energy when you eat that little?

seriously eat more...i would say eat 1300-1500 calories a day...
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    You need to eat a lot more! Your breakfasts are especially light, which isn't good. You should also let MFP figure out what your maintenance calorie amount and only eat 250-500 calories under that. Big calorie deficits are not good for your body. Eating more and having the weight come off slower is much healthier and is more likely to result in permanent weight loss.
  • officernorton
    officernorton Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others- you are not eating enough.
  • Darlis
    Darlis Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Never under 1200, and I'm not sure how you have your personal info set up. Check your settings, even 1200 may be too low for your size and activity level.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    You MUST eat more, especially if you are exercising.

Consistently being under 1200 calories is going to really screw with your body.

Fix the issue now before it gets worse and out of control.
  • martinh78
    Options
    Try eating a bowl of mixed berries and grapes as a snack, maybe a banana and other fruit.

Rather than adding to your current meals, try adding a few more snacks to your day. It's amazing how quickly it adds up! I mix a tub of fromage frais, grapes, strawberries, whatever and put it in a cool bag. That's my snack for the day, I'll dip into it throughout the day.
  • LivLovLrn
    LivLovLrn Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Hi there :)
    The first step is just logging what you are eating/doing, so you are good there :)
    My recommendations are:
    1. Eat your calories...I agree with the others here, you are leaving a lot of calories that you need
    2. Eat more fresh fruit and veggies, VERY beneficial in many ways
    3. Drink your water. You may lose a good amount immediately if you drink your water, you will be losing water weight. You will feel better and look better!
    4. Exercise 5 times a week and increase the amount intensity as it gets easier
  • Firesign
    Firesign Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I would recommend that you stop eating foods with processed sugars, white flour (pasta, white bread, cake, donuts, etc), white rice, and white potatoes (some include milk). . Concentrate more on eating healthy ..... Lots of of vegetables and lean meats ,berries, seeds and nuts.
  • Hooper28
    Hooper28 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else that you need to eat more. Based on your starting weight you should be higher than 1200. I've been eating 1300 and consistently losing since July.