Help?

spicyk
spicyk Posts: 4 Member
edited May 2020 in Getting Started
I've been using my fitness pal off and on for a few years now and managed to lose around 80lbs. I recently had a baby and have gotten back on the band wagon to try shred the baby weight. I am having a hard time hitting my calorie goal, it's set at 2,100 calories and my net at the end of the day end up being close to 1,400. Am I not eating enough or are my calories set too high? I feel like I'm eating all day. Any suggestions? I also don't breastfeed or anything like that.

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Do you weigh everything you are eating with a food scale?

If not, you may be eating more calories than you think and be just fine.
  • spicyk
    No, I don't weigh everything I eat but I do measure things like granola, nuts, silk yogurt and oat milk/oat creamer. I'm not eating dairy currently. And I only eat meat at one meal a day usually because I just can't stand it lol.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    How quickly are you losing weight? If you have been doing this for at least a month your weekly average will tell you how big your deficit is each day and whether you are eating enough. However, if you are not weighing all of your food there is a real possibility that you are eating more than you think you are.
  • spicyk
    I haven't lost any weight at all, I don't know if it's from remaining hormones from having a baby or what might be the problem.
  • harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    spicyk wrote: »
    I haven't lost any weight at all, I don't know if it's from remaining hormones from having a baby or what might be the problem.

I can't answer about hormones, or if it's because because you recently had a baby. Those are questions for your doctor. But, if you aren't losing weight you likely aren't in a calorie deficit. Without using a food scale, and measuring everything you eat your calorie total is only a guess.