How to loose weight in legs

How do you loose weight in your legs? I walk around 10,000 steps per day due to work, is this helping or making me put on more weight?
I’m happy with everything else, just my legs

Replies

• Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    You can’t target where the weight comes off, but you can target where muscle goes on.
  • koalathebear
    koalathebear Posts: 236 Member
    As mentioned above, you can't spot lose and it's very frustrating !

This has been my weird dilemma. I had fat calves but fortunately, towards the end of my weight loss journey, my fat calves miraculously slimmed down.

My problem is my thick waist. The rest of got down to a size 10 / 8 even six depending on the clothing line. My waist is stubborn size 10-12. At one point, I did shrink it down to a size I was happy with BUT this mean that my boobs and also throat/face looked a bit gaunt. So I let myself put a bit of weight back so that my face/throat/boobs looked a bit healthier and have just learned to live with the fact that my waist is probably always going to be disproportionate to the rest of me
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,674 Member
    It may also be that your perception is a bit off. I have always had big legs. It is partly where I store my fat, but also where I have built muscle from a lifetime of activity. When I look down at my legs, I see these big tree trunks. OTOH, when I see a photo or see my legs in a mirror or shop window, I am shocked at how thin they actually are. Yes, they are muscular - the only part of my body that is - but they aren't nearly as fat as my mind sees when I look down at them.
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Talan79 wrote: »
    It’s taken me years to accept that I won’t have thin legs. Gyms are mostly closed now, but my suggestion would be a progressive lifting program. The 10,000 steps a day won’t give you the results you’re probably looking for. I’m 5”2 and 118, this is the best my legs have looked. Am I happy with it, not really but I’ve excepted my genetics. ir7nqyuz5e71.png

We are the same height and I would honestly love to have your legs!
  • hlr1987
    hlr1987 Posts: 151 Member
    Fat come off whereit wants to come off. In my case, I lose it from my top half first, and then very very slowly my hips then thighs then lower belly. So by the time it comes off my thighs I look pretty lean everywhere else. I'm making an effort to build my upper body to balence it a bit more, rather than stress about the pear shape, if I keep going dropping body fat eventually it will come off my lower body as well, it just takes time.
  • hawksgirl229
    hawksgirl229 Posts: 467 Member
    Thats exactly what happens to me..Bottoms take FOREVER🤪
  • spr931
    spr931 Posts: 61 Member
    Same deal here too, my upper half has always been small and skinny but from the hips to the feet is thicker. I can only see weight loss in upper area but thats not where I want to lose it from :D . I can't see it but can feel that my thighs and butt are shrinking because my pants are getting looser and Its almost time to buy some new underwear.