Eating all calories???

Options
tstas83
tstas83 Posts: 5 Member
Hey guys! Quick question - had breakfast lunch dinner snack - did my exercise and still had 1038 left - is that too much? Should I be eating all calories? Leave a little? (First day using app)

Replies

• bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    how old are you, how tall are you, what is your current weight, what weight loss rate did you set yourself up for, what is your activity level?

did you set up your account using the guided process under goals? What did MFP give you as your base calorie deficit? How much exercise are you doing?

There is a lot more information needed, but I'd say off the cuff that its likely that you still have too many calories left over.
  • tstas83
    Options
    all I did was input height weight age gender - goal to lose weight - 1lb per week. I have 1850 for the day. Did an hour today of exercise. But like I said it’s my first day using this.
  • harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    tstas83 wrote: »
    all I did was input height weight age gender - goal to lose weight - 1lb per week. I have 1850 for the day. Did an hour today of exercise. But like I said it’s my first day using this.

So, you ate under 900 calories? The minimum you should be eating is 1200 calories a day, and you should be eating back your exercise calories. So, yes you should eat more.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Aim to eat those 1850 calories and around half of the exercise calories you burn, assuming this exercise was not included in your indicated activity level. After 4 to 6 weeks work out your average weekly weight loss and adjust how many of your exercise calories you eat back from that to keep it around that 1 pound a week.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Eating under 1200 calories in a day is very unhealthy. Doing this while being active even more so.

But before we jump to conclusions: how are you measuring your food intake? Are you using a digital scale and making sure you use correct database entries or are you estimating or using cups and spoons?
  • chabr38
    chabr38 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    With time I learned that my input of data was not accurate. I noticed that my intake of calories was much more than what was calculated. It is very important like Yirara said, to have a measuring system that is valid, sound, and consistently used to monitor your intake. Otherwise your body will tell you if its not enough or too much.
  • manyasin
    manyasin Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Either you are not eating enough or you are not recording your calories properly, I recommend buying a set of kitchen scales and spend some time weighing out your food, you might find that your eating a lot more calories than you realise. If not, then 900 calories is very low and is definitely not recommended, especially if you are exercising. Usually your breakfast should be 300-400 calories, and lunch/ dinner should both be around 500 - 700 calories. I tend to have lower calories meals to allow wiggle room for any snacks I might want.
  • Tesha231
    Tesha231 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    @cmriverside That link you provided is the BOMB! Thank you so much!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,985 Member
    Options
    :)
  • tstas83
    Options
    I have a scale and been using my measuring cups.
    But like I said that was my first day - the next day was better - still learning
  • tstas83
    Options
    when I wear my watch it tells me how many calories burned.