Can anybody help me LOL

Options
MFP made my calories at 1200 but that’s too low isn’t it? Also can anybody help me with some workout regimens?

Replies

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    What are your stats?
    Age? Height? Weight? Goal weight? Type of work? (Desk job vs. landscaping, for activity level)
    What type of workout do you like? Walking? Weight lifting?
  • kayleighmmfp
    kayleighmmfp Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I’m 32. 5’3. 163 lbs. I would like to be 130 lbs. I am unemployed and have been very lazy lately...no motivation.
    I like to walk and weight lifting or exercises using body weight.
  • Whydahdad71
    Whydahdad71 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Ever try bands?
  • kmorillo28
    kmorillo28 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would say it depends on how quickly you want to lose weight. If you want to lose 2 pounds with moderate activity a week than 1200 might make sense, but if you don't want to submit yourself to that, then maybe try 1400-1600, increase your protein intake and try strength training at least 3 times a week to keep from losing muscle and improve your metabolism. I recommend trying something for a week or two, weigh yourself at the end of the week and see how the routine is working for you. Hope this helps! You can do it! Remember MFP can help you build a foundation but you maybe have to tweak some things here and there and find what works for you 😊
  • harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    If you are only wanting to lose about 30 lbs healthy weight loss would be 1 lb a week. If you change your goal to 1 lb what does it set your calories at?
  • kayleighmmfp
    Options

harper16 wrote: »
    If you are only wanting to lose about 30 lbs healthy weight loss would be 1 lb a week. If you change your goal to 1 lb what does it set your calories at?

It was like 1200 and something
  • kayleighmmfp
    Options
    Ever try bands?

Yes. I actually really like using them!
  • harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    harper16 wrote: »

It was like 1200 and something

Remember to log your exercise separately and eating back those calories.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Your current sedentary maintenance should be in the ballpark of 1700-1800 based on your stats, so it makes sense the calculator would give you 1200 something to lose a pound a week. You could either set it to lose 1/2 lb a week to get a budget of 1450+, or keep it at 1 lb and move more.

When you move, you get to eat your activity calories back. It will be relatively easy to get 200 extra calories a day just by introducing an extra walk and generally being more active, bumping your calorie budget to 1400 not counting other dedicated exercise sessions.
  • MichelleMcKeeRN
    MichelleMcKeeRN Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I post my workouts on my page sometimes. I love creating my own workouts to fit my goals. What are your goals? I exercise regularly. I just bumped my settings up to active and 1/2 pound a week. I am 5’2” and 139lbs. It gives me 1800 calories a day.... I may need to change it to 1 pound a week.
  • podperson1
    podperson1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    It depends entirely on how quickly you want to lose and what you feel is sustainable with your lifestyle. I'm 5ft2 and have been on 1200 for about 4 months now. I don't find it too bad. I don't ban myself from any foods, I still have pizza or cake if I want them I just build them into my count, but it's made me think a lot more about what I'm eating and making healthier choices to give myself 'more food' for the calorie allowance.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    1200 is pretty low calories. Why not set a goal, say 1400 or 1450 and see how fast you lose?
    As for exercise, the best exercise is the one you will do. Pick one. If you like bands, google some exercises using bands and
    See where you go from there.
    The best thing you can do is just start! You can always adjust from there.
  • kayleighmmfp
    Options
    Thank you everyone. This has helped a lot. I understand now why it gave me 1200 calories, since I’m not active at the moment.