going over my calorie allowance for the day!

Options
Today is the first time since I started logging again (18 days) that I am going over my calorie allowance....and that's ok. I decided to treat the kids to a chinese for dinner, and thought I would treat myself as well. 1 day over our calorie allowance will not make a bad week :) It is something that I used to feel guilty about when I logged in the past. I would have restricted all types of food and then ended up in a super binge and completely off the rails in terms of food. Now, I am in the mindset where, if I have a treat like a chinese, once a month, that's ok. It'll stop me from going crazy, and I just will get back to normal service tomorrow!!

I have until Tuesday for weigh in day to lose any water weight that I am going to end up getting from eating it because of the salt- I think that's time enough!

Replies

• elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,290 Member
    Options
    yes.. you can always work it off too.. just exercise extra a few times next week..and go under calories for another day.
  • KayakerJoe
    KayakerJoe Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Haha. I’m having that day too. I’ve worked my *kitten* off the last few weeks have got personal bests in the gym even today.

I looked in the mirror and said “why is it not working” and my partner begged to differ “look at you, you’ve got square pecs”

So I thought stuff it. Beers tonight 🍺😂
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Good stuff. Remember there is always that gap between your weight loss calories and mainenance. Going over doesnt have to mean gaining. It can mean just staying the same for one extra day. I relied on that fact just yesterday in fact!
  • MyFreakingNameIsScott
    MyFreakingNameIsScott Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Like you, I used to drive myself nuts if I was going over. I went over last night and yesterday was my “day off.” If you are largely consistent with your routine, don’t worry about it. I would look at your last seven days for comparisons rather than one day. I would also reconsider worrying about weight and perhaps reframe that thought into inches. I’ve been stuck on a single weight for several weeks but I’m also doing a lot heavier lifting. So, there will be weight lost but also good weight gained. Like the obsession I had with going over, I also had issues in the past with stressing out over my actual weight. I put it aside and it’s a much more enjoyable and positive process both physically and mentally.