I have got a free pass of a gym for two months, how can I make good use of it?

Options
I am not a workout beginner but I am pretty much a noob when it comes to weight lifting. I mean, I can do 3*8 diamond push ups, 3*5 pull ups and I am decent when it comes to bodyweight exercises. But recently I have got a free pass of a gym membership for the next two months and I want to utilize this time there. It also wont be possible for me to stick to the gym routine after these two months since I am going to travel.

How do I start? What do I do? {Explain me like I am five}

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    There's a number of things you can do in a gym, which don't necessarily need to do with weightlifting. But, if that's what you'd like, I'd suggest downloading and following the Stronglifts 5x5 app (Edit: the one with the red circle icon).

You'll get videos to help with your initial form and progressions. Since you seem to be new to equipment though, NEVER hesitate to ask staff questions.

Have fun!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Stonglifts.
  • shirazumdraws
    shirazumdraws Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    There's a number of things you can do in a gym, which don't necessarily need to do with weightlifting. But, if that's what you'd like, I'd suggest downloading and following the Stronglifts 5x5 app (Edit: the one with the red circle icon).

You'll get videos to help with your initial form and progressions. Since you seem to be new to equipment though, NEVER hesitate to ask staff questions.

Have fun!

I actually really like the idea of not using weights. It just did not cross my mind at all. I have been meaning to do dips progression, like with weights and train for planche, may be its time I use the time to hone these skills. Besides, I have done stronglift for a few months when I started working out in my early 20s and since I am quad dominant and the progression of squats and deadlifts gets pretty high relatively faster, I gain a lot of thickness in my thighs and it rather gets difficult later to do skills like pistol squats and more or less most of the bodyweight exercises.

Anywho, I will probably find a plan to go the gym and do something calisthenics related. Nevertheless, going to gym itself is a refreshment. Thanks bunch XD
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    What sort of machines do they have? Classes? Take advantage of everything!
  • shirazumdraws
    shirazumdraws Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    What sort of machines do they have? Classes? Take advantage of everything!

They have almost everything. I am not sure about classes. Or that if I have access to the classes or not. I will have to look into it.