Consistency Club... Starts June 1... JOIN ME! :)

Options
SassyBelle070707
SassyBelle070707 Posts: 37 Member
Another start date! LOL Have you done this again and again only to start over again and again. ME TOO. :wink: I have been on my health journey for 3 1/2 years. On and off again. I have all the tools I need. MFP, Omada Cigna health program for free through work, mindful eating strategies, workout equipment, and now I do have some time. I can always make time. Consistency is my issue. The slightest things throw me off course and BAM! I am way off track. Not just a little off course. Before I know it, I gain 10 pounds back in a week. I have never created my own board page, so here we go. Starting tomorrow, I am working on consistency. By coming here each day to report what I accomplish. Come along with me if you like. Support from like minded friends is also key. Just join up with me and post your daily goals.

My goals:
Follow my Hal Higdon Free walk/running training program
Track all of my food and stay within my calorie intake
Read and pray and meditate each morning
Weigh in every day for my Cigna program on the provided scale

Start Weight 10/10/2016 250
Current Weight 5/31/2020 186.9
Goal Weight for 8/1/2020 165
Goal Weight for 10/10/2020 4 Year MARK - 145

Welcome! Off to read some books, think positive, be mindful, and love all! Happy Sunday!

Oh also, Please add me as a friend here if you like. I am also on FITBIT, I started a June walking steps challenge. I am on STRAVA as well.

Bernadette :smiley:

Replies

• LaFranceLover
    LaFranceLover Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Bernadette!..I’m in the same boat-when I go off track, I do it in a spectacular way. I’ve come back this time and I’ve decided to do baby steps & hopefully develop some good long-term habits.
    My goals are:
    Do 5-7 30 minute workouts each week
    Eat as much fresh fruit & veg. as possible
    Track food every day and drink lots more water
    I’ll add you as a friend now 😁
    Best of luck and Happy Sunday to you too!
    Emma
  • SassyBelle070707
    Options
    Hi Emma! I am so happy to have you hear. I hope you can stay consistent too and stick in there with me. I am heading my main page to begin tracking! :) I love your goals. They are absolutely something you can achieve. It is so important to make goals that we can stick to... I will start a new post here each day titled Consistency Club and then the date! We can talk about anything. Especially share our victories and our challenges to help support each other.

Happy Monday!
    Bernadette
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,755 Member
    Options
    I like this idea! I love challenges but have chronic nerve pain and it's worse than ever right now, I'm down to not being able to use my legs at all so I'm not doing any leg stuff aside of stretches and yoga. Cardio is seated arm cardio. Only catch is a get 10,000 steps punching and waving my arms around which isn't really fair! I sprained my finger using two dumbbells at the same time and pinched my finger, I think I can hold at least one dumbbell in each hand now and want to keep up my arm strength. I'm still figuring out my goals, my 6 month goals are toast because of no gym and the flare up. So right now here's the goals:

Cardio 30 minutes
    10,000 steps
    Abs/upper body weights every other day
    Yoga/stretching
    Not overdoing it
  • SassyBelle070707
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    I like this idea! I love challenges but have chronic nerve pain and it's worse than ever right now, I'm down to not being able to use my legs at all so I'm not doing any leg stuff aside of stretches and yoga. Cardio is seated arm cardio. Only catch is a get 10,000 steps punching and waving my arms around which isn't really fair! I sprained my finger using two dumbbells at the same time and pinched my finger, I think I can hold at least one dumbbell in each hand now and want to keep up my arm strength. I'm still figuring out my goals, my 6 month goals are toast because of no gym and the flare up. So right now here's the goals:

Cardio 30 minutes
    10,000 steps
    Abs/upper body weights every other day
    Yoga/stretching
    Not overdoing it

HI THERE! You should know you are amazing! Despite the challenges you are going through, you are really making it happen the best you can. That is awesome! what is my lame excuse??? I love this. I am cheering for you KatMary! Love your goals and your attitude. :) So glad to meet you here.

Bernadette
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Hi Bernadette and Emma!

Not off to the best start, I'm quitting workouts when pain worsens and trying to listen to my body which I rarely do. Did a lot of arm seated cardio and had to stop, I'm actually proud of myself for not pushing through. I couldn't shower or do dishes yesterday, I decided to only do 15 minutes arm cardio today, did the dishes and washed my new air fryer, and took a shower. I'm hanging in there well enough to do yoga before bed, yay!

I don't know if you'd be interested but a friend of mine talked about doing Wednesday vegetarian day. I've been eating less beans but pulled some tofu out of the freezer to air fry, hope it dehydrates in time!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,136 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Good luck to you all!

You might consider *also* joining the June UAC Ultimate Accountability Group.

It’s a lovely group of people & definitely aids with consistency in exercise, calories, tracking!!

Maddie
  • Katmary71
    Options
    I was part of UAC. it is a good group and once I'm doing a little better I'll go back and rejoin. I'm down to one group and I'm close with everyone there so I'm trying to at least stick to that.

As far as today I did some seated arm cardio. I tried doing arm weights but still can't hold a weight as I bashed and sprained a finger trying to lift with two dumbbells in each hand last week. Stupid thing doesn't hurt UNLESS I put pressure on it, I forget about it with the nerve problems being so strong until I try to grip something. Anyhow, did arm resistance bands seated instead. Yoga's off as I'm too sore. I really need to do yoga after dinner before any snacking so I don't go back in the kitchen for more. Worst thing that happens is I do yoga before pigging out and end up proud of myself for accomplishing it again.
  • SassyBelle070707
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    I was part of UAC. it is a good group and once I'm doing a little better I'll go back and rejoin. I'm down to one group and I'm close with everyone there so I'm trying to at least stick to that.

As far as today I did some seated arm cardio. I tried doing arm weights but still can't hold a weight as I bashed and sprained a finger trying to lift with two dumbbells in each hand last week. Stupid thing doesn't hurt UNLESS I put pressure on it, I forget about it with the nerve problems being so strong until I try to grip something. Anyhow, did arm resistance bands seated instead. Yoga's off as I'm too sore. I really need to do yoga after dinner before any snacking so I don't go back in the kitchen for more. Worst thing that happens is I do yoga before pigging out and end up proud of myself for accomplishing it again.

Kat, you are such an inspiration to keep going no matter what! I would love the vegetarian day! I am actually trying to go vegetarian/vegan. I already do not eat a ton of meat anyway. And I want to incorporate more healthy choices more and more. I have been around the correct calorie intake, but terrible choices. My exercise is still low, but I am being mindful and I am here every day tracking. So that is great for me. Consistent in tracking now for 4 days! I have a TOTAL Gym coming today or tomorrow. I did it. I ordered one. LOL.
  • SassyBelle070707
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Good luck to you all!

You might consider *also* joining the June UAC Ultimate Accountability Group.

It’s a lovely group of people & definitely aids with consistency in exercise, calories, tracking!!

Maddie

Hi Maddie! I will look into the group. Thank you for the suggestion.