Im feeling soo guilty😬🥺🥺

Options
So i said to myself once a week i will allow myself a cheat day ,which means i can eat whatever i want throughout one day ,but i feel so damn guilty ,its okay to feel like this right?🥺

Replies

• briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Otherwise it's just binge eating with an app.

Every now and again someone posts a gem on here. This was one of them for me. Well done!
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    My binge-ing started with once a week cheat days. Then it increased to cheat weekends, now it's full-on overeating every single day. Thought I was right back at it last week, actually logged calories for 4 days, then bam, lost all control again. So here I sit, gaining weight like it's my last week on earth and I feel like Crap. :(

Just be careful. I agree with having a treat(don't want to feel deprived of the yummy things in life)but log it. A day with a couple extra hundred calories won't break your calorie budget but a day could lead to a week and then a month, etc., then no control whatsoever is much harder to come back from. :(
    Good luck!!!!
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I ate a bit below my cals 6 days and had a 7th day where I ate at maintenance (usually that meant some kind of restaurant dinner, but still I was thoughtful about it).

I guess that's similar to a "cheat" day, but I didn't think of it that way.

That way no risk of gaining or removing the "work" of the other days.

If something like this makes you feel guilty, you might be developing a problematic relationship with food. Eating should not be associated with guilt.
  • shirazumdraws
    shirazumdraws Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    ali03nan wrote: »
    So i said to myself once a week i will allow myself a cheat day ,which means i can eat whatever i want throughout one day ,but i feel so damn guilty ,its okay to feel like this right?🥺

I used to feel this way, then with a little bit of work, I adjusted my cheat food or the food that I am craving in my regular food. Also, started looking into recipes and making them in home. It works pretty well for me. It is a little overwhelming in the beginning, all the 'looking out for recipes', ' fitting cheat food in daily meal' but its worth it, trust me. And that's how you get best of both world. Enjoying the food you want, and having the calorie control too.
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I think it also depends on the size of the "cheat". Let's assume you are accurately tracking calories in and out and are trying to lose 1 lb per week (-500 calories per day). Let's say a cheat adds 300 calories. What your doing is still in a deficit that day, just no as big of one as you hoped. If a cheat brings you over maintenance and therefore you're reversing your gains, that a different story. So context plays a part.