5k time brag

Options
youngmomtaz
youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
My fastest time in years! I had taken a year break from running due to a small number of things and just got back into it when the gyms closed up. Saturday I was into my music, my zombies run app, and before I knew it 5k(3miles) was gone! In 26minutes. I was flying for the rest of the day! I don’t even care if I see improvement on that. Time to slowly add in more distance again though.

Happy running!

Replies

• Buttermello
    Buttermello Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • emmabrookes1
    emmabrookes1 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    In the zone!
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
    That's killer, I love it when you're just in the moment during a run and feel like nothing can stop you.

According to Strava..

43bk59ckb7au.jpg

I used to be able to do a <16:00 5k in HS, I'm 28 now.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    A "fasted time in years" is always reason to brag. Congratulations.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    And from the other side, some guy absolutely blew past me this morning. I had a moment of crushing disappointment at my sad little 34 minute 5k, but then I remembered, “hey! You’re running 5k and you couldn’t do that a year ago!” And I felt better.
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    So I’m the old slow guy I guess. I cut almost a minute off my 5K time this morning. Went from 36:30 to 35:40. If I could get even close to 30:00 at some point I’d be ecstatic!

Nice job on the 26:00!
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    The right playlist and mindset can make all the difference!

26 minutes is amazing!!
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    And from the other side, some guy absolutely blew past me this morning. I had a moment of crushing disappointment at my sad little 34 minute 5k, but then I remembered, “hey! You’re running 5k and you couldn’t do that a year ago!” And I felt better.

Oh I’ve been there! Sometimes I feel like I’m going so fast and then someone will speed past me and I’m like oh maybe I’m not so fast 😂 Definitely felt that in my first half marathon when the full marathoners started passing me
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Lol! It has been so windy here I am happy some days to get two miles in that time! But I was doing a bit of a”more is better” mindset and running 5days/week. Cut that down to every other day and saw my speed improve. Rest is good! I am just a slow learner!