New Start

Hello everyone!

I have decided to introduce myself here, hopefully make some friends and find motivators, as well as be one for others too. My name is Amber, I am 31 and I have spent years killing myself with non-activity and food. I have had many doctors tell me to lose weight or I would be in an early grave. I didn’t care. I wanted to die anyways. Depression, severe anxiety, PTSD, and OCD all haunted me. I wasn’t living anyways. But I have two kids. And they need a mom. My kids have saved me over and over, but this time I am saving myself for me.

Replies

• Yannaove
    Yannaove Posts: 5,185 Member
    Hi there. Seems like you and I are in the same boat. Life is hard and much harder with mental ailments. Hopefully you will find the support you need on here to start your "new you" journey. Im looking for some as well. :)
  • Lcball78
    Lcball78 Posts: 7 Member
    Hello everyone!

I have decided to introduce myself here, hopefully make some friends and find motivators, as well as be one for others too. My name is Amber, I am 31 and I have spent years killing myself with non-activity and food. I have had many doctors tell me to lose weight or I would be in an early grave. I didn’t care. I wanted to die anyways. Depression, severe anxiety, PTSD, and OCD all haunted me. I wasn’t living anyways. But I have two kids. And they need a mom. My kids have saved me over and over, but this time I am saving myself for me.

Hey friend. I am 42, 4 kids, and I also suffer from the above mentioned. My kiddos are my salvation as well. I'm on day 3 and feeling better by the day. Let's do this together..
  • Rayjewls
    Rayjewls Posts: 96 Member
    Good luck with everything...intermittent fasting has worked wonders for me...I looked at videos on YouTube to educate myself before I started. You will get hungry during the fasted state but it comes and goes pretty quick if you drink water and ignore it. Give it a try...its so easy!!! <3
  • Mehwren
    Mehwren Posts: 11 Member
    Oh wow, it’s as if I wrote this myself. We are all in this together. ❤️
  • LisaMarie9998
    LisaMarie9998 Posts: 13 Member
    I can relate, adding you now x