Calories burnt by exercise

Options
On my I watch it shows I have burnt 500 calories.. but I get reward of just 82 calories.., how is this calculated?

Replies

• joseph8778
    joseph8778 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Is your watch connected to myfitness pal? Because it might be counting steps from your phone or something else and not getting an accurate measurement. If not, then just enter in the 500 calories yourself by creating a cardio exercise.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    On my I watch it shows I have burnt 500 calories.. but I get reward of just 82 calories.., how is this calculated?

If this is a linked device, the adjustment you get in MFP is just to reconcile your activity level you entered to your actual estimated activity level coming from your device. Your activity level you set in MFP is already going to account for some of the activity you are doing. Even a setting of sedentary is going to account for around 5K steps if memory serves me correctly.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options

I'm going to bet this is an Apple (sorry Samsung).

If you linked accounts, like you sometimes see a workout you created on the watch show up on MFP - then that 82 cal is the difference between MFP Sedentary level calorie burn, and what Apple considers a sedentary base calorie burn.

If you do have linked accounts - was that 500 all your Moving & Workout calories considered as extra?

Sadly Apple sends wrong info and none of that 500 will make it to MFP correctly to be dealt with as far as increasing your eating goal correctly.
    MFP is using the method you do more than selected activity level - you eat more - same deficit for weight loss is there.

You'll need to unlink accounts, and find in MFP list of apps Pacer, sync to that.
    And then in Apple Health account sync to Pacer also.
    Now the correct info can get to MFP from your watch.

If you merely selected in the MFP app the setting for Step Source to be Apple Watch - then what cwolfman13 said above.