Maybe im not eating enough

Options
teddyuk30
teddyuk30 Posts: 6 Member
edited June 2020 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi all im really confused what i should eat and how much,
Im 6ft male, weighting 82kg aged 38,
I run 5km 5 days a week at a fast pace, also do sit ups push ups and other exercises. been doing this since january.
But my weight just stays the same.

Im only eating about 1100 calories per day
I eat things like chicken breast,fish wthout batter, tuna, pasta, rice, boiled potatoes, tomatoes, beetroot , cauliflower , eggs

Does anyone have any ideas where i could be going wrong?
Thanks Stephen

Replies

• teddyuk30
    Options
    Thanks for all your comments, im fit and healthy dont think a doctors appointment is necessary at this stage.
    I just added my food from yesterday to myfitnesspal and the total calories was 1196
  • teddyuk30
    Options
    yes i use digital cooking scales
    MFP goal says i should have 1650 calories per day, i usually burn around 400 cal a day running.

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    teddyuk30 wrote: »
    yes i use digital cooking scales
    MFP goal says i should have 1650 calories per day, i usually burn around 400 cal a day running.

MFP is designed for you to eat back your exercise calories.

And I agree it sounds like you have set to aggressive of a weight loss goal.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,444 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    teddyuk30 wrote: »
    Thanks for all your comments, im fit and healthy dont think a doctors appointment is necessary at this stage.
    I just added my food from yesterday to myfitnesspal and the total calories was 1196

Outside of a medical condition, it is NOT POSSIBLE for a male of your size and activity level to eat 1100 calories a day for 5 months and not lose weight. Physically impossible barring a medical condition.

You are either seriously underestimating your calorie intake, or you need to see a doctor. One of the two.

Unless TO got rid of a few organs, as just running all the organs, brain function, digestion, etc should need about 1200 calories at least per day. If TO is only eating 1100, and working out for 400 every day and has not lost anything then he might miss about half of all his organs.

OR he's missing about half of his food intake......somewhere. In, not counting half of what he eats.

That sounds like a complicated explanation, not? I still prefer the simplest one.
  • teddyuk30
    Options
    breakfast calories
    Bacon - Maple Bacon, 1 slice 90
    Portebello Mushroom Cap - Mushroom, 3 pcs 22
    Egg, 1 large 72
    Medium Tomatoe - Tomatoe, 100 g 22

lunch

Warburton brown bread - Brown bread, 1 slice 103
    Gold'n Soft Tub Margerine - Margerine, 1 tbsp 50
    Ham - Cooked Ham, 1 slice 35
    Medium Tomatoe - Tomatoe, 100 g 22
    Cheese - Cheese, 1 oz 80

Dinner

Chicken Breast - Chicken Breast -, 8 oz 200
    Homemade Brown Rice - Brown Rice, 1 Cup Cooked 150
    Terry's Curry Sauce - Curry Sauce, 1 cup 100

Snacks

Cookie smart - Cookie, 2 cookie 200
    Sunkist Tuna - Tuna, 1 cup 50

Totals 1196

• mburgess458
    mburgess458 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Do you only drink water or other zero calorie liquids? Some people forget to include calories they drink.
  • teddyuk30
    edited June 2020
    Options
    i only drink hi juice with water its 10kcal per 200ml and diet fanta.
    I just changed my weight goal to 1/2 pound a week and now it says eat 2200 calories per day,
    WOW think i might got to mcdonalds everyday