Suggestions for steamed veg. toppings?

2»

Replies

• Oh man -- wish I had some right now!!!
  • carey1932
    carey1932 Posts: 55 Member
    I love that Herb & Garlic LC lite cheese on my baked potato!
  • Steaming is okay, but roasting is much tastier, as fit4life mentioned. I JUST finished eating two roasted zucchini. I sliced them up into large french-fry shapes, sprayed a little olive oil with my new, awesome mister, sprinkled some Italian seasoning, pepper, chopped garlic and crushed red pepper on them, and then roasted them until soft and brown in spots. SO GOOD!!

I dip the spears in a little ketchup mixed with light mayo and buffalo sauce. With the sauce, my whole lunch was 150 calories.

I always roast asparagus & cauliflower, but never tried roasting broccoli or zucchini -- what temp do you use for zucchini and broccoli?
  • Parmesan cheese does the trick! I especially love it on broccoli. I runs for only about 20cal per tbsp and you don't even need half of that.
  • corieueber
    corieueber Posts: 72 Member
    currently munching on a big bowl of steamed vegetables with a laughing cow light cheese and sweet chili sauce - yum
  • TK421NotAtPost
    TK421NotAtPost Posts: 512 Member
    Trader Joe's lemon pepper!
  • stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    I put my favorite salad dressing on them, Newman's Own Low Fat Sesame Ginger. I put it over my salmon too.

I LOVE that dressing! :)

I like this one too
  • Jlynb1109
    Jlynb1109 Posts: 84 Member
    McCormick has a Salad Supreme seasoning that is yummy on veggies, I also LOVE garlic and some EVOO.
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Well.... I was going to say "butter!" But, if you're avoiding dairy then how about... bacon?

(Yeah... I eat a lot of fat. :happy: )