Beginner runner. Looking for friends

Options
Looking for some friends to help keep motivated. šŸƒā€ā™€ļø

Replies

• PnguinGrl73
    PnguinGrl73 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Iā€™m also a beginner runner (5 weeks into my beginner running program). My goal is to be able to continuously run a 5k by August without walking. Do you have a goal you are working towards?
  • RunnerGirl238
    RunnerGirl238 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Iā€™m a runner! Come hang.
  • RunBakeLove
    RunBakeLove Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm an off and on runner currently on again ;) On week 6 of C25K. Are you doing a training program?
  • Medofaloo
    Medofaloo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just finished my day 7 of running. As beginner I include walking and jogging in my program. My goal is to lose body fat and I want to do this for 30 days straight:). My average distance is 5 k per day. No athlete but planning to be šŸ˜Ž.
  • winterblue1983
    winterblue1983 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was in good shape, been really less active for about a year now. Working towards getting back in shape again. Walking 3 miles a day most days this week. Getting faster. Running is my goal. I want to do 3 miles in 20-24 minutes. That is my goal. I would also like to be able to run 5 miles without stopping or walking.
  • mgan9311
    mgan9311 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi yall. I just started running for the first time in my life using the Runkeeper app. I'm about halfway through and I'm having horrible shin splits! I literally can't run on a blacktop. Either concrete or a trail seems to be best for me. I wear Altra trail shoes with arch supports (I pronate inwards). I am currently about halfway through my 5k program where I'm running 90 sec and walking 30, for about 15 intervals. Can anyone offer suggestions to help with these stupid shin splints?
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I finished the C25K program about a month ago and I'm running a 5K 3 times a week now. I still don't feel like a "runner" though...

Feel free to add if I can help you.
  • MillyMolly012
    MillyMolly012 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I finished C25K and began to run 5k three times a week. I have stopped for about a month now due to a calf injury. Desperate to get back out there, but need to make sure it's healed. I am walking without pain, so I'm aiming to try walk/run to see how it is.

Wouldn't class myself as a runner.... started C25K in my 50s, having never run before in my life!
  • AngelaMyLife777
    AngelaMyLife777 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am a runner...newish to it.
  • eng_maaka1981
    eng_maaka1981 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Let's catch up