Day 1 = Epic Failure

Options
UGH. Day 1 and I'm 400 calories over. I find my target caloric intake of less than 2000 calories to be too restrictive! I'm starting out with 3 exercise days a week + frequent walks (which is about all I can manage with a busy toddler), I don't know how I'll make it on 1900 calories/day to be honest. It's now 8pm and I'm over my intake and I'm freaking starving.

Replies

• tracikearns
    tracikearns Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Dont be too hard on yourself! You logged everything, that is positive right there! I will add you as a friend, I think that makes a huge difference when you can see what others are eating to make the most of their calories :)
  • huiwen86
    Options
    Don't worry, I had the exact same failure yesterday!! All the more reason to try harder on Day 2 right? :)
    I found it difficult to keep full in between meals so I snacked quite a bit... and i had some takeout too.
    I'm sure it'll get easier as the days go by... fingers crossed!
  • chynafox
    Options
    My motto is, you have to figure out what works for you. What kind of foods are you eating? If it's leaving you feeling hungry, switch it up! Oatmeal fills me up, but leaves my boyfriend starving.

Also, try eating smaller meals. I LOVE to eat. If I feel like I'm eating all of the time, I feel fuller. It tricks my brain. Also, water is key. It'll fill you up as well.
  • vmckenzie82
    Options
    drink water....its not only good for you, but it helps on those days that you can't seem to get full. don't stress. its hard to get started, but at least you ARE getting started!
  • russeljames
    russeljames Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Just chill and stick with it.....
  • wolf_mommy
    wolf_mommy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Will try to drink more water!
  • Slothzilla
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. If you are starving, you are on the right track. Distract yourself. Put it off. Tell yourself you feel too ill to eat. You are strong enough.
  • minimommy1
    minimommy1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Eat lots of veggies they are low in calories and filling - I love them grilled.