iPhone or Droid? why?

Options
sleepytexan
sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
It's time for a new phone. I have a blackberry which is fairly useless for taking photos or recording video, or seeing most things online, etc.

Has anyone used BOTH an iPhone and a Droid? do you have any comparisons you could offer with regard to photo and video quality, data packages, etc.

It seems iPhone has great photo and video capability, but what is this about limited data use?

I'd love to know your opinions.

edit: how about MFP app on either or both?
blessings.

Replies

• ValorieSalcido
    ValorieSalcido Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I use an iPhone and I love it. I've never used a Droid but I've checked one out and they're pretty cool. I have a cousin that had an iPhone got a Droid and then went back to the iPhone. Good luck with your phone search. Btw, the mfp app is really nice on the iPhone.
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I used to own a blackberry. My boyfriend owns an iphone and I just switched to the Droid Charge.

I recommend a Droid, and I definitely would recommend a Droid Charge. The Android OS is far better than the iphone's OS. You can customize a lot more with android, and it supports things like Adobe Flash, which is huge in terms of watching online videos and seeing certain websites. The only reason you can watch youtube videos on an iphone is because there is a special app for it. That being said, the iphone, in my opinion, is still a smartphone, while Droids are more like mini-laptops with voice capability. They generally have larger screens (the Droid Charge has exceptional colors and screen resolution), and pretty much the same amount of the most popular apps. My Droid Charge also has an 8 megapixel camera, while the iphone4 I believe has has a 4 megapixel camera.

In my personal opinion, android phones are far superior, and iphones are only popular because they are easy to use and "popular". When I was looking at getting a new phone, I realized I only wanted an iphone because "everyone had one" and they seemed "cool". That's not a reason to get a new phone, especially one that costs so much. The blackberry is a piece of crap though, so either upgrade is going to be a good one. :flowerforyou:
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Also, forgot to mention, if you get the 4GLTE in your area, the Droid Charge supports it. And it is incredibly fast.
  • routerguy666
    Options
    Owned both, and I always give the same advice to people asking about them - do you want to **** around with your phone or have a phone that just works? Setting aside jailbreaking, If you're the tinkering type get a droid.
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I have a driod, my hubby has an iphone4. We both like my driod much more... seems more intuitive, responds well, has great apps.
    The camera is better on my driod than on his iphone, as is the camcorder function of the camera.
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I've had both .... had an iPhone first and then got rid of it and got a Droid. The iPhone's are nice and all that, but I love my Droid. I agree with sweetzoejane in that, IMHO, the Android OS is better than the iPhone OS ... and yes, Blackberry's are crap. I had one issued by my office and I switched it for a Droid as soon as I was able to. :)
  • ValorieSalcido
    ValorieSalcido Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    @Routerguy666
    You have a great point! I got an iPhone when the 3G came out because I used to carry around my phone, iPod and Palm Pilot in my purse and Apple had a product that allowed me to have all three in one. The extra features are a plus for me. I would definitely advise you to check them both out before committing to one or the other. I wouldn't use another phone than my iPhone but that's because I don't want to have to learn to use another device and I'm used to the iPhones OS and I like it.
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I've had both, though I'm currently using a blackberry. I would definitely recommend Android, hands down, and will be going back to it as soon as I can.

The iPhone 3g was my first "smart phone" and it was great in the beginning, but quickly began to make me hate my life. The phone started having issues (as in couldn't make calls, couldn't update or connect to the computer, couldn't watch anything/listen to music... pretty much couldn't do anything it was supposed to be used for), and every time I would go to my service provider they would tell me it was Apples fault... I would go to Apple and they would say it was my service provider... I did not get any help whatsoever for about half a year... finally managed to get Apple to replace it and sold it as quickly as I could. Itunes also KILLED my computer, rendering it pretty much useless. Granted it was an old computer, but was still functional before itunes.

My next phone was an HTC Magic (I think it's mytouch in the States) and I LOVED it... it was so easy to set up and integrate into my life, and actually worked around my life, instead of me feeling like I lived around it. I was able to set everything up to how I liked it, and that's without all the rooting and hacking that everyone else recommends droids for. Unfortunately that phone met with an early demise, leaving me with my sister's boring old blackberry, until I can afford a new one. The new ones are also pretty awesome phones, and I've heard the newest OS for android (I think it's gingerbread?) is really amazing.

I'm for droid, all the way.