Hi, I embarrassed myself into trying to get healthy

Options
So let's rewind till late summer of last year. I decided to check out a local water park that I've never been to. After some swimming and a few rounds on the water slides, I decided to kick back for a while and chill out on the lazy river. Now anyone who has ever floated on a lazy river ride knows that you float on an innertube that looks like a doughnut. I grabbed my donut and floated into the water.

That's where things went very very wrong.

I must have spent 10 minutes trying to hop up on the doughnut. But for the life of me, I couldn't get my fat *kitten* up on top no matter how hard I tried. Even though I planned on staying at the park a few more hours, I left very early. On the way home I was almost in tears.

I should have started right then and there, but I waffled around for a few months. It wasn't until the start of the quarantine that I decided to get serious and try to put off the weight and get in better shape. I know I won't be ready to face my enemy (the doughnut) this year, but hopefully, by next year I'll be ready to get my revenge!

Spite is a powerful motivator.

Replies

• Sierra1589
    Sierra1589 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I wish you the best of luck, and I'm half you found your motivation no matter what it was. Buuut.... I totally would have blamed it on whoever used the inner tube before probably oiled it up or something haha :smile: I guess I'm not as ready to accept my weight limitations yet :wink: but I'm working on it!
  • DarrellB1980
    DarrellB1980 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Good luck man I’m sure you will reach your goals 😊 Add me as a friend if you want👍
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    We all have our personal and unique reasons why we start. Some are terribly embarrassing, some are just things we get sick of or worried about. One of my (very cliched) mottos is 'Better late than never'.
    Look forward and stay motivated!! Good luck :)
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    We all have our own triggers. Embarassment is not a pleasant one, but hopefully as you lose weight you will find more positive motivators such as feeling fitter :smile: