Sooooo close....

Options
ellumi
ellumi Posts: 90 Member
Back in the early months of the year I set a goal to lose 49 pounds by the end of the summer. In April I learned I had breast cancer and was taken off work. I spent the summer at home doing treatment, and knew I was scheduled to return to work after Labor Day.

I set my mind to losing the weight before going back and have done really well. I am seven pounds to goal and although I didn't lose all 49 pounds, I did go from wearing a 12/14 XL (even though I probably should've been wearing bigger, I refused to shop in plus size :blushing: ) to now a 4/6 and S tops. I desperately wanted to get down to a size 4 before buying new clothes to go back to work, but didn't quite make it. Almost nothing in my closet fit so I had to break down and buy work clothes that were mostly size 6s and a couple size 4s. I refrained from overdoing it, since I'm still committed to losing that last bit of weight and toning up more, and intend to go down another clothing size.

I just wish I would've made my goal before heading back. I shan't let that discourage me, though, and will keep on keepin' on! :bigsmile:

Replies

• nomorefatbitch
    Options
    You shoud be sooooooooooooooooooo proud of yourself!

I don't even KNOW you and I'm proud of you :)

Considering everything that your body has had to endure these past few months, you have made an amazing accomplishment with your weight loss.

Congratulations on your progress thus far and here's wishing good health and a good life.

Hugs
    Grace
  • Purvey
    Purvey Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey, stop beating yourself up about a few pounds to go! You lost weight while battling cancer, give yourself a pat on the back. With all the treatments that folks have to endure when battling cancer I'm amazed that you lost as much as you did and feel healthy. You sound like one determined person to me and I know you will soon lose that extra weight you want to lose. WAY TO GO!!
  • ellumi
    ellumi Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much! I didn't mean to sound like I was self-bashing - I am super proud of the progress I've made. I just really wanted to meet that goal, and didn't really want to buy any clothes until I got down to that "ideal" size. :smile:

There's lots of time for that, though, and I think I only bought 5 pairs of pants and maybe six or seven shirts. I'll get by until I get 'there'!!