Jillian Michaels SHRED - WOW 🤩! Before Coronavirus I was a gym junkie! Beach body?

Options
I was a studio junkie and did the following: Barre, HOT Pilates, BOOTCAMP, etc.. When the pandemic hit and gyms closed, I was upset not being able to go to the gym. I knew I would continue working out 🏋️‍♀️ at home.

I did several online YouTube videos, etc., which, I have to say I was impressed with all the content out there! I tried Jillian Michales and I am a CONVERT, WOW 😳!!! I am seeing results!!! I am currently doing the 60 Day Shred with JM.

Have you had great results with Jillian Michaels workout videos? Has anyone tried the Beachbody app, I have read good reviews.

All the best!

Replies

• Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I’ve done both Jillian Michaels videos (30 Day Shred) and currently have Beachbody on Demand.

My biggest problem with 30 Day Shred is how repetitive it is. I got bored quickly with that series and I think only made it through the whole thing once and wasn’t overly thrilled with my results.

As far as BeachBody goes - I am not a coach, I don’t do their container diet thing or any of their shakes/supplements/whatever. All that MLM side of the business I am not a fan of at all. That said, I LOVE their workouts. 21 Day Fix is my favorite so far. I lose 5.6 lbs and several inches in three weeks (along with counting my calories of course). They have a lot of variety which is good because like I said I get bored and I need to switch it up! Both my husband and I use the account and I feel like we’re definitely getting our moneys worth and it’s less than 2 gym memberships would have cost us!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I'm following Sydney Cummings, Fitoutsidethebox, Yvette Bachman, and others on YouTube. Something new and different almost every day.
  • rosebud69155
    rosebud69155 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried the Beachbody app, I have read good reviews.

I use the Beachbody app and LOVE it! There are so many workouts to choose from. I created a hybrid workout calendar using 2-3 different workouts. This will allow me to workout 7 days a week, I get lifting, hiit, low impact cardio and stretching with it.

They have a Barre Blend that you might love since you've taken Barre classes before. I'm on week 3 of it now, it's challenging but I'm enjoying it!
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    I’ve done both Jillian Michaels videos (30 Day Shred) and currently have Beachbody on Demand.

My biggest problem with 30 Day Shred is how repetitive it is. I got bored quickly with that series and I think only made it through the whole thing once and wasn’t overly thrilled with my results.

As far as BeachBody goes - I am not a coach, I don’t do their container diet thing or any of their shakes/supplements/whatever. All that MLM side of the business I am not a fan of at all. That said, I LOVE their workouts. 21 Day Fix is my favorite so far. I lose 5.6 lbs and several inches in three weeks (along with counting my calories of course). They have a lot of variety which is good because like I said I get bored and I need to switch it up! Both my husband and I use the account and I feel like we’re definitely getting our moneys worth and it’s less than 2 gym memberships would have cost us!

That is awesome, thanks for the info!
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    I'm following Sydney Cummings, Fitoutsidethebox, Yvette Bachman, and others on YouTube. Something new and different almost every day.

Sydney Cummings is awesome! She has done a fabulous job and free!
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    Has anyone tried the Beachbody app, I have read good reviews.

I use the Beachbody app and LOVE it! There are so many workouts to choose from. I created a hybrid workout calendar using 2-3 different workouts. This will allow me to workout 7 days a week, I get lifting, hiit, low impact cardio and stretching with it.

They have a Barre Blend that you might love since you've taken Barre classes before. I'm on week 3 of it now, it's challenging but I'm enjoying it!

Cool, great to know. I am going to give it a try after I am done with the 60 day Shred! 🥰👍🥰
  • brooklynnn2020
    brooklynnn2020 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes! She’s great, but try Chloe Ting on YouTube. If you google “Chloe Ting Workouts” it’ll bring you to her website where she has all her workout programs for free and she tells you which ones to do on YouTube! No need to pay for beach body :) You can even look up result videos from people who do Chloe Tings workouts and it’s amazing!
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    After hearing your great reviews! I am going to give Beachbody app a 14 day free trial and sign up afterwards!

I enjoy HIIT - Harder difficultly. What programs have you done with beachbody app?

I am doing 60 day shred with Jillian Michaels right now. 🏋️‍♀️
  • RunBakeLove
    RunBakeLove Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I did the Jillian Michaels dvds for a while and they are great staples! Right now, I use the Tone it Up app because I love their challenges (programs) and workouts. There is a yearly or monthly fee. I have also heard good things about Fitnessblender on YT. They are free and have TONS of workouts.
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    I did the Jillian Michaels dvds for a while and they are great staples! Right now, I use the Tone it Up app because I love their challenges (programs) and workouts. There is a yearly or monthly fee. I have also heard good things about Fitnessblender on YT. They are free and have TONS of workouts.

Awesome!
  • Anngetsfit
    Anngetsfit Posts: 17 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I have used the Beachbody app for about 1 1/2 now. I have tried T25, Core de Force, Insanity Max 30, Transformation 20. My favorites have to be T25 and Core de Force. I have also done some of the yoga workouts on rest days. I also did Liift4 and that was great for my arms and back.