Newbie. Please help....

Options
Hello... I made my profile a couple days ago (before I knew my actually weight) and just guessed. Well the good news is I"m not as heavy as I thought I was but when I went to adjust it on my profile it's say I lost 6 pounds. I want it to be accurate since from a week from today I'll be weighing in for the first time. Suggestions?

Also, my second important question is that I'm struggling to eat all my calories.... I know this won't happen all the time but what should I do? I worked out and burned around 670 calories so that adjusted for me to eat a lot more than I'm used to. I'm not hungry but it's saying I should eat 777 more calories. It's getting late here and I don't want to eat too late...besides, I'm not hungry!

Advice?
Thank you in advance,
Amy

Replies

• em1976
    em1976 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    If im not hungry and its late and I have excess calories and FEEL i should eat them due to how hard I had worked out I make a shake.I brought protein powder,plus I add bananas/frozen berries,skim milk,splenda and thats like 300 odd.If you want to make a delicious thickshake add cottage cheese or cream cheese,plenty of other things like yoghurt,vanilla essence,strawberries..the variations are endless.For a bit of boost chocolate chips are awesome:P The powder has tonne of vitamins/minerals so can also help your body replace what you may have lost.My lowest one is around 200 calories up to perhaps 400 if im indulgent:)
  • TMilhon1621
    Options
    HI! Welcome :)
    I don't think you need to eat the extra calories you get from working out. Sometimes I do, but most times I just let it be.
  • Tisha247
    Tisha247 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Welcome to mfp, this is quite a controversial issue here on the forums. To eat back or to not eat back....hmm. I think you'll just have to try either way yourself and make up your own mind, some people do some people don't. Try nuts (cashnews, almonds) as calorie fill ins.
  • jrblum
    Options
    Hi Amy!

As to the original weight setting, it's easy to fix. Just go into the weigh-in menu and click "edit previous entries." From there you can either change or delete any previous weigh-ins.

Good luck!
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how to resolve the correct weight, so I'll just address eating all your calories.

First, I'd be careful about the workout calories. My HRM indicates I earn less than what MFP calculates. Sometimes up to 100 per exercise session.

However, if you're using a HRM or are sure the calories burned are accurate there a many ways to up your calories. Eating "real" food is one of the best ways I've found to do it. For example, don't eat FF cheese. Eat the real stuff. It tastes better and you'll find extra calories quickly. Same goes for ice cream and milk. You can always enjoy a tbs of peanut butter for some extra calories as well. I add some to my oatmeal ... yum. Cooking with EVOO instead of spray Pam is a way of getting some extra healthy calories. Enjoying a bit of chocolate is always a fun way to get in some extra calories. A serving of nuts is an easy way, too.
  • amyjennifer
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice! I appreciate it!
  • fit4lyfeLisa
    fit4lyfeLisa Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, and good luck with your weight loss journey!! You will find lots of encouragement, support and amazing people on here.
  • JThomas61
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I rarely ate mine back and have lost 75 pounds.