Looking for quirky friends

Options
Hi folks! I'm looking for a group of friends so that we can support each other to become healthier. My focus is not on weight, but on eating properly and getting exercise. I'm looking to create a network of the following:

Friendly folks who might be quirky (quirky welcome here!)
Crafty people particularly welcome!
If you like math and or science, even better (my work is heavy on both).
No COVID deniers (let's get healthier before the Fall, to be in good health if there is a second wave).
No intolerance allowed!!! I'm from Canada, we embrace and thrive off of diversity.

Replies

• Catlessi41
    Catlessi41 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    HIYA! I sent a friend request!
  • AprilSue
    AprilSue Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Yes!!!! Love this ❤️❤️ love quirky 😂..... added!
  • crispywavesss
    crispywavesss Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I LOVE THIS!!
  • dru66mfp
    dru66mfp Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'll be adding you guys, please feel free to add me as well! This picture is coming up really big and not sure how to downsize it but this is my youngest and me outside last fall (it was really bright out)!

tr3akfdh4ddo.jpg

My name is Dru and I have 20lbs to lose. I have been on MFP before but using my FB as a login and my work computer has FB blocked so I can't log in, hence the new account.

So yah, I've been on here before and MFP is a GREAT tool for keeping me on track IF I use it.. Having friends during this journey will help me to want to log in and give me more motivation!!! Until recently I haven't been working out or eating great so I need to stick with it.

Brief intro - I'm 38, live in Winnipeg Canada, work on lotto tickets for a living and in my spare time I love to hike, sit outside with the cats, sewing, play guitar, try to learn Finnish, I'm into botany, practicing martial arts but I gained 20 lbs over the course of 3 years! My goal is to fit into some of the clothes that I am still holding onto because I love them and to also fit into some costumes I have, because that's fun too! :D I don't own a scale because I used to just weigh in at work but my fiancee runs a jiu-jitsu gym so I can go in there to weigh in. This is also why I need MFP buddies, he is a twig (a muscly twig.. but a twig nonetheless) so he doesn't get it and always offers me chips and fries and other junk so I feel really alone on my journey..

• VickiMenke
    VickiMenke Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Please add me. I started MFP a month ago and have lost three pounds🌞. Former marathoner and lifter and have gotten lazy during the Quarantine. Need some fun friends to motivate me! I love my junk food and sweets:) Love gardening, animals and yes, crafts....!
  • cbate391
    cbate391 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am supahhh interested in being friends! I have no friends on this app and have no idea how that works BUUUUUUUUT I'd still like to try!

As an intro- I'm Chelsea, 27 years old and chunky. Looking to be less chonky and more hunky. I'm trying to get healthier because recent events really showed me just how important it is to do the best for myself and to keep myself safe :D Maybe some friendly support can help!
  • LM_hustle
    LM_hustle Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey I just sent you a friend request. I like your attitude :smile: I'm on here all the time and I like to chat with with everyone I'm friends with. I got your back!
  • fairy_daisy
    fairy_daisy Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Hi, can I join you?! I love your attitude and maths, science and crafting sounds great to me :smile: I'm 37, in Scotland, with about 30 pounds I'd like to lose. I'm starting over (again) and telling myself that cutting out all the stuff I enjoy won't help in the long term, aiming for a bit more balance. Life's tough enough right now! I'd love some friends to chat with and keep motivated. @dru66mfp - I hear you on the clothes issue! I have so many things that I don't want to throw out, but haven't worn in a long while.... We can do this!
  • One_flabulous_journey
    One_flabulous_journey Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Quirky, strange and unusual? I’m game. Anyone can add me. I just got back on here and I’m trying to be active.
  • denisemarie9870
    denisemarie9870 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sounds like my type of people :) Would love to join your group if you'll have me. Just started recently and could use positive vibes!
  • carriestrine
    carriestrine Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Yes! I've been looking for this crew please add me.

I'm 34 in the SF bay area and I work on the design team at a ceramics company. I worked in the arts in NYC/Philly/Boston for almost a decade before moving west. I love to cook, am always knitting, and I recently started sewing my own clothes.

Honestly I was hovering at 235 and a size 18 for too many years, and just got sick of it. I started to have high blood pressure, and I suspect pre-diabetes. Time for a change and to take care of myself instead of ignoring it to prioritize my professional hustle. Food has been a way to cope with stress, and now I think I'd rather sweat it out!

Im down 15lbs since March and motivated to keep it up.