So....Long time no see, anyone remember me!?

Hello! I fell off the face of the MFP forum earth for a while there huh?

A LOT has happened. You'll remember I got to 60lbs lost and was chipping along nicely. And then things started to go a bit haywire. Thought it was my usual MH stuff. Trucked on for a good 18 months and regained about 20lbs. Had enough and hired a coach, lost 10lbs, but progressively was getting worse and worse with fatigue as a primary symptom. Couldn't get out of bed much bad. Gained back the 10lbs (having cancelled coaching due to finances).

December last year finally went to the doctor just case I was someone who actually had something wrong with their thyroid. Bloods weren't wildly abnormal but my doctor is awesome and said we should try meds anyway just in case. 2 weeks later and it was literally like someone turned on the light bulb!

January and February were awesome. was building my fitness back up again, getting better at tracking and sticking to goals well enough that I had some small losses.

March. Crashed again. Lockdown came into effect and I thought maybe my meds would need adjusted and I'd ride it out for a bit. Gained those losses back AGAIN. 6 weeks later just like December the light bulb came on again. Couple weeks later of feeling like the energizer bunny and I realised that there's a good chance I actually had THE virus.

But I'm mostly back in the swing of things at last with some returned fatigue last week (which seems to be normal if you've had CV) but mostly managing to keep a hold of things. Maybe at last after all these I will actually get to something like goal?

Anyway, thanks for reading and hello if you remember me!

TL;DR

Persevere. Talk to your doctor if you feel like s**t. Persevere some more.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Hey you! Welcome back!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,394 Member
    Huh! I've heard of you!!!! 👋
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    Good to see you! Welcome back!
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    I'd wondered where you'd gotten off to.

Glad to see you back :smiley:
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,937 Member
    Vintage! So glad you are back my friend.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Nice to see you back.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,023 Member
    :smiley:
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,724 Member
    Welcome back! Sorry to hear the road's been so bumpy for you during your hiatus; hope the track ahead proves much, much smoother.
  • justicefactorizing
    justicefactorizing Posts: 13 Member
    Good to hear from you dear🏋🏼‍♂️🏋🏼‍♂️
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,481 Member
    Woohoo, welcome back, and of course you are remembered.

Is that a new avatar?

Sorry about all the stuff going on. I hope you are getting well and ready to prowl the boards once again.
    (I’m a bit of a stray cat at the moment only popping in when I can)

Cheers, h.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,048 Member
    I remember! Glad you’re feeling better and glad you’re back!
  • spinnerdell
    spinnerdell Posts: 230 Member
    Good to hear from you again, VintageFeline!
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Thanks all, wasn't sure how many old faces were still about!

Is that a new avatar?

Sorry about all the stuff going on. I hope you are getting well and ready to prowl the boards once again.

Cheers, h.

Doing so, so much better. And yes, new avatar, although that one is now also out of date (changed the colour and gave myself a lockdown cut) so should probably update again!
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Welcome back! I was wondering where you disappeared. Glad you're back and hope things will keep getting better for you.
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,636 Member
    Good to see you again! glad you are doing so much better. keep us posted, ok?
  • beulah81
    beulah81 Posts: 168 Member
    edited June 2020

Is that a new avatar?

Cheers, h.

@middlehaitch I was just thinking of you the other day. Glad to hear you are well! I have greatly benefited from reading your numerous posts!
    @VintageFeline have not had the privilege to read your posts yet... It's lovely to see such warm welcome back greetings from MFP veterans. What a great community!