What are you proud of?

Options
Do you ever work really hard at something and when you accomplish it you are filled with pride, but then a little voice in your head tells you it's stupid. That you shouldn't be proud because most people could do that easily? Do you feel ashamed for being proud of something so trivial? Well I want to start this thread so we can say what we are proud of even if that voice in your head says you shouldn't be!
I am really happy and proud because yesterday I hit a new deadlift personal best lifting 47kg. That is not a lot of weight, and a lot of people could lift it without trying, but I have worked really hard for 10 months to get to this point and I am proud of it!
What are you proud of?

Replies

• Grace_spaceship
    Grace_spaceship Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »
    I'm proud of being able to jog for an hour non-stop, even if it is only at the 'ridiculous' speed of 6.8-7kph!

Thats awesome! I can't jog for an hour at any speed
  • Grace_spaceship
    Options
    Way to go! Deadlifts are the best lifts!!! ;)

I was really proud that I maintained my weight through the lockdown and didn't gain.

That is definitely something to be proud of! The only reason I didn't gain weight is that the beginning of lockdown was also the beginning of the busiest time of year for our farm! Also I love deadlifts, and weight training in general. When I was in hospital with a broken spine a physical therapist came to teach me how to get I and out of bed safely. I asked her if I could ever deadlift again and she said that I shouldn't be because lifting weights is dangerous! I requested a new physical therapist the same day.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Deadlifts are the best lifts!!! ;)

I was really proud that I maintained my weight through the lockdown and didn't gain.

That is definitely something to be proud of! The only reason I didn't gain weight is that the beginning of lockdown was also the beginning of the busiest time of year for our farm! Also I love deadlifts, and weight training in general. When I was in hospital with a broken spine a physical therapist came to teach me how to get I and out of bed safely. I asked her if I could ever deadlift again and she said that I shouldn't be because lifting weights is dangerous! I requested a new physical therapist the same day.

That’s freaking awesome!!! Good work!
  • Grace_spaceship
    Options
    Today I did my morning strength workout. Luckily I have home gym set up so I could get in some weight training. This afternoon my partner and I went for a 2 hour hike. I'm really happy and proud that my endurance is getting good enough to do lots in one day!!
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,481 Member
    Options
    14 years of maintaining. Well, almost.
  • xGreatWhiteNorthx
    xGreatWhiteNorthx Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I'm proud that I don't let my congenital heart defects or my bipolar limit who I am or what I am capable of. Eventually I will have to physically slow down but until then I intend to continue conquering everything in my way and finding ways to push myself as far past my comfort zone as possible.