Severe Bloat

Hey everyone! I am completely bloated/swollen & gained 10lbs just since last week! WTF! My stomach is huge & my feet are swollen. Any clue what this could be??

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,718 Member
    If it isn't 35,000 calories over maintenance, it's water. But if this is a new level of bloating for you, yes, see your doctor (or at least call him/her) - that's beyond normal for most people, and could be a sign of something worrisome. Might well be nothing (other than annoying), but safe better than sorry.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    This would get me to the doctor. I am prone to temporary water weight gain when I do intense activity or have a high sodium meal, but if my feet and belly were swollen and I was ten pounds up without a specific cause I could pinpoint, I would want my doctor to check it out.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    Consult with your doctor, for sure, but I'd also make note of all the food you ate over the last few days. Anything out of the ordinary for you? That might be good info to give to your doctor as it could be a food intolerance.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Consult with your doctor, for sure, but I'd also make note of all the food you ate over the last few days. Anything out of the ordinary for you? That might be good info to give to your doctor as it could be a food intolerance.

I agree with all the others on seeing a doc. I would, though, just make certain that doc is well versed at food sensitivities. My wife was allergic to Cow Dairy and also reacted to gluten. If she ate both, her stomach would pooch like she was 6 months pregnant, almost immediately.

And the stomach tissues fill with water typically (and water weighs a lot). It would feel like a tight drum. Once she figured out this information, it hasn't done it since. But our Conventional doc saw her like 5 times with no help. Took seeing a Holistic doctor and getting a food allergen test. I would think an Allergist would also be good.

Obviously could be something else as well but just knowing your doc can test for food sensitivities is a good start.