mobile app unable to connect to the server to log you in

johniccp
johniccp Posts: 1 Member
The category "technical help" was grayed out, not available. But, I have been using a laptop to record the Food Diary yesterday and today. But the mobile app will not log me in. Error message reads, "We were unable to connect to the server to log you in." I can retry all I want, but no results. Should I re-install the app? Or wait for the server? Ideas?

Replies

• Poccolus
    Poccolus Posts: 1 Member
    The same problem. Yesterday I couldn't scan my food on app. Today I can't log in.
  • terrycdean
    terrycdean Posts: 1 Member
    Can’t log in and only logged out because I couldn’t scan anymore. What’s going on?
  • Vund
    Vund Posts: 1 Member
    terrycdean wrote: »
    Can’t log in and only logged out because I couldn’t scan anymore. What’s going on?

I'm having the exact same issues.
  • daloverlyme
    daloverlyme Posts: 583 Member
    I'm having the same issue also from my computer.
  • daloverlyme
    daloverlyme Posts: 583 Member
    Hi there,

"Our apologies for any issues you are currently experiencing with MyFitnessPal. While performing Scheduled Maintenance yesterday, June 4th, we discovered an issues that was causing sync and server issues on our program. We are still investigating the issue and while we did make progress yesterday, the issue is still persisting this morning. This issue is currently causing log in issues, errors on the website and apps, sync issues between platforms and partners, and issues with the Diary including logging food and scanning barcodes. We hope to have a fix soon

We will continue to update this article as more information becomes available. Please check back for further updates."

https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/360044563091-Sync-and-Server-issues-6-5
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    I have been noticing a lot of log in issues on a chromium type browser. It keeps logging me out on refresh. Not sure if this has to do with the login server or a coincidence and my browser is broken.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,780 Member
    Safari and sometimes my Iphone are broken but hullo Opera browser is working fine... Maybe Apple and MFP are feuding? ;)
  • iwarford
    iwarford Posts: 9 Member
    Everything's busted. Can't log in, communication with other apps is busted, can't reconnect other apps, etc.
  • aries68mc
    aries68mc Posts: 173 Member
    I don't use the app, only access the website. It's always going down and it's been worse yesterday and today. It's ridiculous.
  • SummerSkier
    you know for a while when they were working on things they would post a banner on the website. I really like that idea and wish they would use it again. A lot of the newsfeed things don't work correctly anymore and I have tried putting tickets in but they want to pretend that it's just "me" and not a glitch for everyone.
  • zephyr612
    zephyr612 Posts: 6 Member
    Any updates on a fix? It's now June 23rd! I started having the same issues as others: Can't scan foods and now can't log in using the Android app. made the mistake of logging out to see if that would help the scanning issue.
  • caribchic
    caribchic Posts: 213 Member
    Can't log foods from the database its greyed out, anyone else having that issue?
  • fabienauclair
    fabienauclair Posts: 1 Member
    Same here, app not working and cannot log food via internet browers ( IE or Chrome)
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    yes, me too, cant log food
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,547 Member
    The issues first identified in: https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/360044563091-Sync-and-Server-issues-6-5

.... continue as of a few hours ago as per the same article which was updated on June 23rd to reflect that.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    SO frustrating!!!
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    you know for a while when they were working on things they would post a banner on the website. I really like that idea and wish they would use it again. A lot of the newsfeed things don't work correctly anymore and I have tried putting tickets in but they want to pretend that it's just "me" and not a glitch for everyone.

It's DEFINITELY not just you!
  • SummerSkier
    Honestly sometimes I get so sick of this....

aw07hzvv7rae.png
  • jak702
    jak702 Posts: 1 Member
    Ugh - still can't login to the app. Login Failed - unable to connect to the server to log you in. I'm going to use fitbit food counter instead because I'm so done with these issues.
  • SlimdownDebs
    SlimdownDebs Posts: 1 Member
    I joined 3 days ago as was member previously so have deleted the app, changed email address, re loaded the app, tried and tired - THEN I come here and see it is NOT me and this has been going on for an age! - Might find a different food counter as need this on my phone and logging into the full website is not convenient