Beach Body T25

Options
I have just completed 2 rounds of 21 day fix. I really liked 21 day fix and lost 17 lbs and 18.5 inches in the 42 days but want a new challenge.

I just comepled day 1 of T25 and it was hard! I really need to try and shift some weight and HIIT has been shown to help. Is anyone doing this? Or has anyone done it and how did you find it?

Replies

• katarina005
    katarina005 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Shaun T's great. T25 is one of his best routines and intense. After this is Insanity. A lot of this is all HIIT and no equipment needed. He also has a step bench workout he started, I like it a lot. Whatever you do, just do what's fun and keeps you moving and don't be ashamed to do the modifications for safety
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I did T25 a few years ago. Alpha and Beta. My knees were really sore, like they've never been before or since. So, be careful. HIIT is not meant to be done every day. It is very hard on the body and you need recovery time. I would recommend some lower intensity cardio with some strength training. You don't need HIIIT to lose/shift weight.
  • ckivinurk
    ckivinurk Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I did T25 a few years ago. Alpha and Beta. My knees were really sore, like they've never been before or since. So, be careful. HIIT is not meant to be done every day. It is very hard on the body and you need recovery time. I would recommend some lower intensity cardio with some strength training. You don't need HIIIT to lose/shift weight.

Will definitely keep an eye on this as I have dodgy knees at the best of times.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    With knee issues, I would recommend NOT doing T25.
  • sohamkho
    sohamkho Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am working my HIIT routines, I get knee issues too but that is probably just my weight. And you should accordingly substitute those knee exercises with another one from a previous class or from the same.

So for instance for me I have a certain group set, including mountain climbers, I get a knee problem with that. I decide to substitute it with jumping jacks or maybe farmers walk etc.
  • ElizaEm35
    ElizaEm35 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have less than 2 weeks to go of T25 and while the scale hasn’t moved much at all I do feel better. I didn’t do my measurements before starting (I’m regretting it!) but did at the start of Beta phase. I’ll remeasure again when I’m done next week. Give it a try! Just do the best you can and follow Tania when you need to. And congratulations on your success with 21 Day Fix! I’m going to be doing that after T25 and I’m hoping I’ll be able to get through it. If I can get the meal planning down and build my willpower I might actually see some progress!
  • AllPositive1
    AllPositive1 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I just finished t25 beta last week...starting on gamma today! I've had knee problems in the past but worked smart this round. I squatted 90 degress holding onto a railing to reduce the load until my legs and but got stronger. It really worked for me. Had tight IT band and patella tracking issues. I also can't do 180* jump turns without stopping then squatting. I definitely learned my limitations pay attention to my body. For me vidoes are a guide for muscle focus and I modify as I need.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    ckivinurk wrote: »
    I have just completed 2 rounds of 21 day fix. I really liked 21 day fix and lost 17 lbs and 18.5 inches in the 42 days but want a new challenge.

I just comepled day 1 of T25 and it was hard! I really need to try and shift some weight and HIIT has been shown to help. Is anyone doing this? Or has anyone done it and how did you find it?

Not sure where you got that HIIT has been shown to help shift weight, but if you like HIIT and want to do it, go for it.

For weight loss, CICO. How you accomplish that is highly individual.

For muscle gain, strength training and that is also highly individual. For example, I despise CrossFit and my husband and I joke that it was created by sports doctors so they would generate more clients. So many of those moves look like they would lead to injury.

So, find what you personally like and go for it, but don’t think that you HAVE to do HIIT because it’s somehow more effective than something else. 😊
  • AllPositive1
    AllPositive1 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Just finished T25 Gamma Speed 3.0
    Avg HR 160 Max HR 180 Cal 289
    Burpee transitions are fast - I can only do 3 instead of 4 in the allotted time - and that's fine by me. I'm sure I'll be stronger the next time.