coupon for bars, shakes, and supplements?

Options
Does anybody here know where I can buy cheap bars, shakes and supplements? Or coupons?

Unlike other people who have money to spare to support their diet, I am limited to $30 per month grocery, so I need something that will last for a month.. I have very bad choices of food to eat like noodles, canned corns, tang, hot dogs, pork and beans, etc, but they all last me for a month and sometimes even more than a month.

Can someone show me a good place or site where I can get something healthy for $30/month?

Replies

• channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Check out eBay. People sell coupons on there as well as all the items you're asking about in bulk and at a discount.
  • RunningAddict
    RunningAddict Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I once heard a friend say that she visited extremecouponing.com
    Not sure if that helps but it would be worth a try maybe.
  • mrsmccullen07
    Options
    I have been meaning to try this and haven't ordered it yet .I think I will right now ;) I love their Shakeology and would like to see how this compares https://extranet.securefreedom.com/MillionDollarBody/csShopping/ShoppingCart_Detail.asp?PriceID=153432&Cat=Nutrition and Supplements|Weight Management&Qty=1

they also have a 2 day fast and a slimming vitamin or something
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure where you live, but if you have access and membership to Costco wholesale store, they sell a 6 lbs. bag of protein for $40. It's got 78 servings so for me it last about 5 weeks at 2 servings per day.
  • sk3adik
    Options
    I'm not sure where you live, but if you have access and membership to Costco wholesale store, they sell a 6 lbs. bag of protein for $40. It's got 78 servings so for me it last about 5 weeks at 2 servings per day.

Oh yes, they have costco here. I haven't thought of that! Thanks for the advise, I will go there next weekend!
  • Teksavvy
    Teksavvy Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Some people say that the best way to lose weight is to completely change your diet.
    However the basic thing that is sometimes overlooked is portion control. Pork and beans aren’t that bad. I did a search and it was about 110 calories. If you have noodles, don't add the extremely salty seasoning packet to reduce your salt intake. Add in some canned green vegetables (peas, beans, etc) and drink water instead of Tang. In addition, if you want an of inexpensive dessert, put a bit of peanut butter and/or jelly on bread. Just be careful about the amounts since a teaspoon is about all you need.
  • Nguyenbr
    Options
    why are you getting supplements? are you trying to gain muscle or as a meal replacement?

if your food budget is limited, spend it on quality whole foods like rice, tuna, chicken, oatmeal, beans etc. the ramen and hot dogs are hurting your diet.

getting your daily intake from foods instead of supplements will keep you fuller and much healthier. if you still want supplements, i would highly recommend amazon.com. they have subscribe and save deals where you get an extra 15% off + free shipping.

i usually take ON whey which is ~$38 for 5lb, but i know twinlab has protein for $20 a 5lb. the taste is not as good, but costs half the price.