Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Picnic

River314
River314 Posts: 66 Member
The community I live in is hosting a picnic tomorrow. I've decided to go and signed up to bring cucumber salad. They're grilling hot dogs and hamburgers, and serving typical sides. Someone signed up to bring fruit. I've been thinking I'll make a fruit salad. I figured I could bring those and at least I could get something good without going too far off plan. I do plan on having a burger, maybe a deviled egg or two, and definitely the stuff I bring. I figured it's all in the planning...

Replies

• PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 3,089 Member
    Have fun! 🌞
  • River314
    They are also planning games I think, so win-win! There's a tether ball, and maybe someone's bringing yard games. It's going to be fun!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,857 Member
    This is a favourite salad of mine to bring to a BBQ. Contains both watermelon and cucumber. If you leave the mint leaves whole it sits all afternoon in the sun not looking worse for wear. I leave off the olive oil because I don't think it needs it. I normally use pomegranate molasses instead of balsamic which has a similar flavour profile, is cheaper, and more authentic because this salad is Turkish in origin.

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/watermelon-feta-salad
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 3,089 Member
    River314 wrote: »
    They are also planning games I think, so win-win! There's a tether ball, and maybe someone's bringing yard games. It's going to be fun!

Oh, that does sound like fun! Let us know how it goes. 🌼
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,989 Member
    Sounds like fun...gatherings of more than 10 people are still banned in my area. I hope everyone in your community stays safe and takes precautions.
  • River314
    It's a small RV park, so not a whole lot of people there. Not sure how many are coming. Messaged the manager and she's going to get someone to bring me some diet Dr pepper. I've got a plan!! I'm so excited for this picnic...