Ello!

Options
I'm Jessica. :D Or Jess, or Jessi, or J, or whatever. I'm pretty flexible in that department. I live in Montana, work in a sit-on-your-butt job at a radio station, and am engaged to the sweetest guy ever. We're planning on trying to conceive, but I'm a BIG girl (286 lbs when I stepped on the scale earlier), and in the interest of both being able to get pregnant, and in the interest of working with the nicest midwife I've ever met to have a homebirth when we do get pregnant, I'm trying to eat healthier. She wants me on a modified diet (basically, fruit, veggies, meat, dairy, but no wheat/rice/oats/etc, or refined sugar) and to walk outside for 30 minutes a day. The modified diet thing only works a little until I get paid Friday and can go grocery shopping, but I can at least watch my calorie intake between now than. Ummmm... I love photography, have 5 birds, 3 cats, and a dog (whom I desperately wish I could find a new family for... he was kind of thrust onto me after being terribly neglected, and he tries to eat my cats). And yep. :) That's me.

Replies

• shellsbells82
    Options
    Hi! You and I are in pretyy similar boats. I'm so overweight that I'm terrified that I won't be able to have kids. I'm 29 right now. I'm not married, but I have been in a relationship for 4 years and I imagine that we will go that way. I'm hoping that this website helps me. I had been using the app, but got off track. Now it's time to get back on. I have one dog, named Chloe! I'll add you to my friends. Hopefully, we can help motivate each other. I currently weigh 267.
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    I can completely relate to that fear! I made the mistake of taking the depo provera shot for a year, too, and not only gained around 30 pounds, but haven't had a cycle at all in the almost year I've been off it.
  • shellsbells82
    Options
    That's scary. I'm glad that I never took the shot. I do take the pill. I'm not sure how much that has contributed to weight gain if at all. I'm sure it doesn't help.