4ft 11 .. 1200 calories a day

Options
Littleloz34
Littleloz34 Posts: 41 Member
So I’m 4ft 11 and for years have tried to stick to 1200 calories . I’m 8st 11 ... would love to be 8st . I always end up binge eating . What do you think to increasing my calories to 1500 ? Will this help me stop binge eating and loose weight ?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    How did you determine 1,200 as your goal?
  • Littleloz34
    Littleloz34 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Because I’m only 4ft 11
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Because I’m only 4ft 11

So it's not based on any calculations about how many calories you use per day, you just figured you should eat 1,200 since you're 4'11? In that case, I'd recommend entering your stats and goals into MFP (and choose a very reasonable goal like .5 pound a week -- or whatever the equivalent is for kilos -- since you don't have much to lose) and eat that amount. Additionally, if you're doing any exercise, you'll want to log that and eat at least some of those calories back since MFP's calorie goal doesn't include the calories burnt through exercise.
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    I’m 5’0” and if I’m not active at all my calories end up at 1200. That’s part of why I took up running. On run days I can eat anywhere from 1500-2000 calories and still have a good sized calorie deficit. When you’re short being active really helps with your weight loss.

You could up your calories to 1500 but I know my maintenance is like 1680ish so you’ll have to be okay with really slow weight loss (which is fine but it takes patience).
  • PeachiePetite
    PeachiePetite Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I’m 5ft and I eat about 1,400 ...1,200 is too little for me
  • savannahs21
    savannahs21 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    You can lose weight on 1500 calories, i don't know if it will help you not binge. I am 4'10 and try to eat 1200-1500 calories.