Here to lose weight 🤞🤞🤞

Options
Hi everyone, I've joined this app and linked it with my fitbit. I'm desperate but focused to lose weight and wondered if anyone else on here is doing the same. I have 3 stone to lose and it would be great to have a losing weight buddy. Im sticking to the 1200 calories a day 6 days of the week and in 3 weeks I've only lost 1.5lb, I'm also doing the couch 2 5k 3 times a week along with some yoga and strength exercise. What am I doing wrong??? I cant seem to lose anything!!

Replies

• bdale1966
    bdale1966 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, goodness gracious 1200 calories is a tough one-- I applaud you! My goal is 1200 but if i go over I don't sweat about it. My BMR is 1540 so anything below that will help me. I have went on a real diet probably 3 times in my life. this is my 4th time. I usually lose about 5-7 pounds water weight the first month then flatten out. It is very frustrating! If I stick to the diet the long term (after 3 months) is the only time i see real loss as far as weight and my clothes then it starts coming off pretty quickly.
    I also want to ask what is the couch 2.5K? I assume it is some type of exercise. I don't exercise per se as I work full time and I'm pretty lazy. I rarely get in more than 3500 steps per day. My problem is eating after 7pm and sweets/carbs.
  • Ginacoates95
    Ginacoates95 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi 👋 I’m Georgina I’m 25 and from the UK I started my journey 5 weeks ago and I’m currently 18lbs down, looking to make new friends :) please feel free to add me I post daily and always here for a chat :)
  • jimyjeanjamili9464
    jimyjeanjamili9464 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi 👋 I’m Georgina I’m 25 and from the UK I started my journey 5 weeks ago and I’m currently 18lbs down, looking to make new friends :) please feel free to add me I post daily and always here for a chat :)

How? :((
  • shirazumdraws
    shirazumdraws Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I've joined this app and linked it with my fitbit. I'm desperate but focused to lose weight and wondered if anyone else on here is doing the same. I have 3 stone to lose and it would be great to have a losing weight buddy. Im sticking to the 1200 calories a day 6 days of the week and in 3 weeks I've only lost 1.5lb, I'm also doing the couch 2 5k 3 times a week along with some yoga and strength exercise. What am I doing wrong??? I cant seem to lose anything!!

Are you weighing your food?
  • Rich71bat
    Rich71bat Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I’m also on here to lose weight. Started my journey mid February with a target of losing 50lbs. I’ve lost 24lbs so almost half way there but could also do with some support! Feel free to add me all, good luck!
  • lisapaul752017
    lisapaul752017 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    In relative newbie too . Not quite 3 weeks into diet and lost 4.5kg /10 lbs .im female , age 45 . I just do it mostly mathematically , I don’t exercise that much ( only about 1 hour dog walk per day ) so need to get deficit through calories .
    I calculate my bmr at 1497 using this equation : Adult female: 655 + (4.3 x weight in lbs.) + (4.7 x height in inches) - (4.7 x age in years) = BMR
    My daily calorie allowance is 800 . You need to burn roughly. An additional 7000 calories a week to lose 2 pound a or nearly 1kg a week . Hence 4900 deficit comes from diet and 2000 I try from exercise . ( which for me is do-able . I’m also following fasting so consume all those calories in an 8 hour window . ( which actually makes it easier as otherwise I’d go way over 800 .
    Is there any reason / why you Chise 1200 ( obviously depends on your bmr etc) , ie have you worked out what you’d hound be losing or what you were aiming to lose based on those calories ?