I need to lose weight

Options
mponsfrias
mponsfrias Posts: 4 Member
edited May 2020 in Motivation and Support
I am 48 years old, 5'4" with 201 pounds. I began a diet counting the calories per day, at the same time 30-40 minutes from Mon to Fri exercising with aerobics low impact, abdominal crunches, mild stretching and general dancing. I have been doing that for 3 weeks but I have lost only one pound.

Replies

• freda666
    freda666 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating?
  • mponsfrias
    Options
    The first 2 weeks around 1300 but last week 900-1200
  • harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    mponsfrias wrote: »
    The first 2 weeks around 1300 but last week 900-1200

Under 1200 calories a day is unhealthy. Set your weight loss and activity. Log any exercise separate and eat back those calories. Log and weigh everything you eat.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    There’s a significant calorie counting learning curve. It’s fairly likely that you’re eating more calories than you think. Accurate calorie counting requires a food scale. Measuring cups are better than nothing, but a scale is a lot better.

So keep working. Losing a significant amount and keeping it gone requires a lot of trial and error. Even after you get a downward trend going, you’ll find that you are always tinkering and adjusting. Don’t be discouraged. Keep trying.
  • mponsfrias
    Options
    I don't understand what's happening now. I am gaining weight again. I am eating 1000 kcal or less.
    No entiendo que pass, estoy ganando peso nuevamente y consumo como maximo 1000 calorias.
  • mponsfrias
    Options
    I am weighing everything I consume, I have a scale.
  • shirazumdraws
    shirazumdraws Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    mponsfrias wrote: »
    I am weighing everything I consume, I have a scale.
    If you make your dairy public, maybe people here can help. It is very unlikely to gain weight on 1000 calories.
    si haces público tu diario, tal vez la gente aqui pueda ayudarlo. Es muy poco probable que aumente de peso con 1000 calorías.