Quotes to Live By

Options
I am a quote junkie, I'll admit it. I thought I'd post some of my favorites here and see if anyone else has any quotes they'd like to share. I try to write some new quotes up on the white board in my bedroom every week to keep me motivated. The quotes do not necessarily have to be explicitly related to weight-loss, just sentiments you like in general. The quotes currently on my white board are:

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good."

"Never say no to adventures. Always say yes, otherwise you will lead a very dull life."

"Happiness is an attitude. We either make ourselves miserable or happy and strong. The work is the same."

"Every day is a special occasion."

"It is never too late to become what you might have been."

Replies

• TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    One of mine is in my signature. I adore Dean Karnazes and he is such an inspiration.
  • CindiBryce
    Options
    "Be the change you want to see in the world." - Gandhi
    "Success is dependent on effort." - Sophocles
    "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Lao Tzu
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” - Aristotle

And my own: "Don't just dream. Pursue your dreams."
  • theitalian3721
    Options
    "In the warrior's code there's no surrender; though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "Never!" Deep in our soul a quiet ember knows it's you against you; it's the paradox that drives us all."

This is from a Rocky song by Survivor... I love this. If this doesn't get your heart beating and your gym shoes on, nothing will :)
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    My life motto is

"Not to be sorry, not to lose one cry to regret, to live according to a clear code of honour and seek a moments happiness as fervently and persistently as possible"

- Which is from The Beautiful and the Damned by the magic F Scott Fitzgerald.
  • ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Nothing is particularly hard if you break it into smaller jobs

BREAKFAST LIKE A KING, LUNCH LIKE A PRINCE, DINE LIKE A PAUPER

The only thing that overcomes hard luck is hard work

The results you achieve will be in direct proportion to the efforts you apply

If you don't know where you are going you will probably end up somewhere else

These are some of the ones I like :bigsmile: I make a calendar with my furkids (my inspiration :heart: )every year and include one on each month :laugh: