Weight loss slowing, feeling discouraged!

nicolewilliams421
nicolewilliams421 Posts: 11 Member
edited June 2020 in Motivation and Support
I’ve been eating healthy and useing MFP for 33 days now...starting weight 202, today I’m at 186. The first few weeks the weight seemed to be melting off. This week I weighed in and I’ve lost 1.8 lb this week! ...I know that a healthy weigh loss is about 1 lb a week. I know I was losing “to fast” at first. I know that the first few weeks it’s a lot of water weight you may be losing. My problem is that knowing all that as crazy as this sounds...it’s STILL making me feel so frustrated and discouraged that I only dropped 1 lb! I guess because I lost so much the first couple weeks I was expecting it this week (even though it’s illogical). (Side not: I’m 39, 5ft 1 and I am eating 1200 cals a day)

Replies

• eryn0x
    eryn0x Posts: 138 Member
    edited June 2020
    Commented on the wrong post lol
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Eat less and exercise is always the weight loss mantra. But no one ever adds the third element. Eat less, exercise and give it TIME and you'll lose weight. Stick to your plan and give it time and you will reach your goal. It isn't going to happen as fast as you want...you're just setting yourself up for failure and subconsciously giving yourself an excuse to give up. Once you get the time element you will be fine. Don't be frustrated..be proud how well you've started your journey.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,010 Member
    I feel you on this! I started last June 3. I’m down about 70lbs. Those first 60lbs FLEW OFF! It’s been slow to non-existent since like Dec. there’s still a huge difference in my body comp but I have a long way to still! The one thing that started to help was upping my calories from 1600 to 2000. The weight finally started creeping off again. Good luck and you’re off to a great start!!
  • CM_73
    CM_73 Posts: 554 Member
    Well done, that is an awesome loss!!

Read back on what you've achieved again, that is spectacular.
    If you're feeling really discouraged then maybe maintain at that weight for a couple of weeks, give yourself a break but just know you won't be able to maintain that rapid loss as you near goal so you need to set yourself up mentally for that.
    Time will do all the work for you, as another poster once wrote on a different thread, don't get in your own way of that happening!