Carbs

Options
Hi everyone
I am pretty new with MyFitnessPal. I am having trouble hitting my carb target. Any tips and suggestions would be appreciated .

Bill

Replies

• mydogisthebestdogever
    mydogisthebestdogever Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    It's pretty difficult. There's an app called carb.manager that might be helpful to you. It tracks your net carbs. I'm trying to stay under 20 a day but it's so hard! Good luck to you in your.keto.journey!
  • billgwalton
    billgwalton Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It's pretty difficult. There's an app called carb.manager that might be helpful to you. It tracks your net carbs. I'm trying to stay under 20 a day but it's so hard! Good luck to you in your.keto.journey!

• billgwalton
    Options
    Thank you both
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Are you going over or under?
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    If you mean you can't get that high, don't worry about it. If you are always over, how is your protein?
  • billgwalton
    Options
    I keep going under my carb total. Protein is usually good
  • eryn0x
    eryn0x Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I keep going under my carb total. Protein is usually good
    UNDER. What a problem to have. ❤️ a dream!
  • Mazintrov13
    Mazintrov13 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    What is your carb goal? MFP sets to 50% of total cals I believe, I changed mine to 40/30/30 carbs/protein/fat to better suit my goals
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,402 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about carbs. There's a case for eating enough protein (muscles mainly) and fats (essential fatty acids, brain functions, digestion), but too little carbs is not a problem unless carbs are what makes you feel happy and full.