LADYS ONLY

Options
okay so im having a bit of a problem (if you are a man, leave. NOW)

i have been dieting and i recently got a gym membership and i went and exercised everyday and i burn calories. and then it came time of my month on thursday. i was very very regular but the more i det the lighter my periods become. then with my major dieting since school started back and my excercising. i was five days late. it finally came but its so light. i knew my period was about to come because i gained 3 pounds taht i normally gain. i have two questions. 1. will those 3 pounds go away as normal and 2. what to do about this?

Replies

• PatientBearTiger
    Options
    okay so im having a bit of a problem (if you are a man, leave. NOW)

i have been dieting and i recently got a gym membership and i went and exercised everyday and i burn calories. and then it came time of my month on thursday. i was very very regular but the more i det the lighter my periods become. then with my major dieting since school started back and my excercising. i was five days late. it finally came but its so light. i knew my period was about to come because i gained 3 pounds taht i normally gain. i have two questions. 1. will those 3 pounds go away as normal and 2. what to do about this?

You can't tell me what to do!! :angry:
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    the pounds will go away. you will fluctuate up to 5 pounds around that time of the month.

and the other thing...what's the problem?! lol count your lucky stars.
    seriously tho, changes in activity, weight, diet, stress, all that can affect your cycles and hormones. no worries.it will straighten itself out.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    That's weird. I would go to the doctor!

:flowerforyou:
  • ETsambouris
    Options
    I have noticed my periods got lighter since I started too. But yes, I have also noticed the weight fluctuation is normal. Don't worry. I think most women go through this :D
    Keep at it!
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    if you are dieting heavily ie not eating enough your body may be conserving energy. This can even mean lighter or no periods. Maker sure you are netting 1200 cals and drinking your water. Consult your doctor if you are concerned about teh changes in your period.
  • lucylue21
    Options
    i know this is probably ridicules but i have a major fear of not being able to have children. so i dont want to mess myself up and if its this dieting then i will slow it way way down.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    There's a search feature at the top of the forums - if you search for "TOM" (Time Of the Month), "light period" or "Ladies Only" you will probably find more information about mensturation than you ever wanted to know.
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options

Somebody get me a stick.....:laugh:
  • Bridge_CG
    Bridge_CG Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    My period became lighter, less cramping, and easier to maintain once I really got into a healthier habit and exercising a lot. Weight fluctuation is normal. But, if it's to a point where you feel as though something is wrong, then go see your doctor! Only you know your body!
  • PatientBearTiger
    Options

Somebody get me a stick.....:laugh:

Easy now catwrangler. A Tiger is not the same thing as a *****cat and a BearTiger DEFINITELY isn't. Rawr.
  • simone_84
    simone_84 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry too much. When you make drastic changes to your diet or level of activity your period can disappear altogether. Just as an example which may ease your mind some, I served in the Marine Corps and when I went to boot camp the same thing happened to me along with about 40 other girls in my platoon. For the entire 3 months I was there I didn't have my period as is the case with the majority I was there with. Within a couple months after graduating it came back but I really wish I could have missed out on another one or two!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Any burning sensations?

Cuz, ya' know... all those UFO sightings they've been having in your neck of the woods. You never know.