Starting MFP ( again )

Options
Tq43
Tq43 Posts: 85 Member
Hi, I've done MFP before with great results and I find it easy , when I'm motivated .
Recently, I've gone completely off track and I've been eating totally wrong and not moving / exercising at all. I've put it down to stress over the current covid situation and uncertainty of having a job to return to also.
Today, for the first time in a long time , I've felt motivated ! I'm the heaviest I've ever been and I feel so sluggish.
Today was good, I tracked my food and did some exercise.
I need to start drinking more water and I need to think more positively.
I've about 1 and a half to 2 stone to lose .
Anyone want to join me on this journey ?
Hope I can keep this motivation up .

Replies

• jomc20
    jomc20 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am back after a several year hiatus too. Unfortunately I have 52 lbs to lose. Better than the 85 I lost in 2016, but still frustrating.
  • Tq43
    Options
    Ah welcome back ! It's so easy to go off track and then finding the motivation to get back on it is so difficult.
    You've taken the first step. That was some weight loss previously, well done ! You know you can do it cos you did it before , and this time you haven't as much to lose .
    The best of luck , you can do this !
  • 1two3four
    1two3four Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Hey Tq43, I added you. I'm back too and can relate. I am having motivation issues and the uncertainty of COVID is freaking me out--I get that.

Good on you for exercising. We had the most gorgeous day in weeks and I sat on my behind and ate food I didn't need to BUT I weighed in and logged my food so that's something.
  • Tq43
    Options
    1two3four wrote: »
    Hey Tq43, I added you. I'm back too and can relate. I am having motivation issues and the uncertainty of COVID is freaking me out--I get that.

Good on you for exercising. We had the most gorgeous day in weeks and I sat on my behind and ate food I didn't need to BUT I weighed in and logged my food so that's something.

Hi! Yes, this covid thing has us all stressed and a bit freaked out, which has lead to a lot of over eating.
    Good on you for logging everything .
    We can do this !
    I think I deleted your friend request by accident ! I'm not too familiar with the forum boards or even how to add friends .
    Could u request me again? Thanks and sorry for the hassle .
  • breakingxground
    breakingxground Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am also starting again (again). I lost 100lbs from my heaviest to my lightest, and over 9 years I've gained 70lbs back. I feel daunted right now, but actually coming on here has got me motivated again. I know what I need to do, I just have to do it!
  • CM_73
    CM_73 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I have loads of failed attempts, I have more "This is the one" sequels than star wars.

But, this attempt actually IS the one!
  • jenlefleur31
    jenlefleur31 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I’ve added you! ☺️
  • pins1982
    pins1982 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I’ve also got 2 stone to lose, started MFP 16 days ago and have lost 5lb. I will add you if that’s ok, I’ve started doing workouts aswell 5 days a week again not sure if they are the right ones for me but will carry on with it x
  • katmjames420
    katmjames420 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey! :D
    I'm starting again today. I slipped off the wagon when my Dad died in Jan this year. Comfort eating has helped me put 2 stone back on (I'd lost 4 stone last year)
    I would love to have some friends to share the journey with!

All the best!
  • pins1982
    pins1982 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm starting again today. I slipped off the wagon when my Dad died in Jan this year. Comfort eating has helped me put 2 stone back on (I'd lost 4 stone last year)

All the best!

Hi,
    I’m also looking to lose 2 stone totally new at this currently cut my calories to 1370 which MFP have said will lose 1.5-2 lb a week. What exercise did you do last time to help you lose 4 stone. X
  • Tq43
    Options
    pins1982 wrote: »
    I’ve also got 2 stone to lose, started MFP 16 days ago and have lost 5lb. I will add you if that’s ok, I’ve started doing workouts aswell 5 days a week again not sure if they are the right ones for me but will carry on with it x

5 pounds is a great loss. You're well on your way !
  • Tq43
    Options

All the best!

So sorry to hear about your loss.
    You're obviously good at this if you lost 4 stone before , so try to do what you did then. Best of luck .
  • Tq43
    Options
    CM_73 wrote: »
    I have loads of failed attempts, I have more "This is the one" sequels than star wars.

But, this attempt actually IS the one!

That's the attitude I need ! This will be the time I'll stick to it, lose the weight and maintain it. It's the maintaining bit that always catches me 🙈
  • Tq43
    Options
    I am also starting again (again). I lost 100lbs from my heaviest to my lightest, and over 9 years I've gained 70lbs back. I feel daunted right now, but actually coming on here has got me motivated again. I know what I need to do, I just have to do it!

It's always daunting starting back ! We can do this !
  • kdroberts1
    kdroberts1 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Same here. I lost 45 pounds 3 yrs ago and I’ve put it all back on plus 5!! I want to make some permanent lifestyle changes so this time is IT!!! Feel free to add me. I have added some of you. We can do this!! 😁
  • RosaKitty19
    RosaKitty19 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi I’m also back on mfp having lost a lot of weight but then gained it all back 😫 Friend request sent 🙋‍♀️