Skinny Mini September Challenge-WEEK TWO (Closed Group)

Options
Week one is officially OVER!! How was it?!?! Hope you enjoyed it because it was a walk in the park compared to Week TWO. This week is going to push you hard and you’re gonna hate me in the middle of it!!! But Loooove me at the end!!! I understand these challenges you might not be familiar with so I’ve posted the links to fitnessmagazine.com where you can see exactly how to do the challenges. They’re good ones and they work.

PURPLE-1-2.jpg

If you don’t have weights use water bottles or canned food. If you don’t have a medicine ball (I don’t) use another heavy ball or just use weights. Modify as best you can!

Smash Downs: http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/arms/express/upper-body-boot-camp-toned-arms-in-10-minutes/?page=2

One Arm Reverse Flye: http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/arms/exercises/the-love-your-arms-workout/

Thigh Trimmers: http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/thighs/exercises/hot-legs-exercises/?page=3

21s: http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/arms/exercises/the-love-your-arms-workout/?page=2

Hip Hinge Reverse Flye: http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/arms/exercises/the-love-your-arms-workout/?page=1

Lunge Curl: http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/arms/exercises/the-love-your-arms-workout/?page=5

Open and Shut’s: http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/butt/exercises/short-shorts-workout/?page=4

Medicine Ball Tap: http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/abs/express/15-minutes-to-flatter-abs/?page=2

If you’re unfamiliar with any other workouts let me know!! :)

A couple of things to remember:

This is not your regular workout, this is a CHALLENGE. Everything I challenge you to is EXTRA.

I need to know your weekly weight losses-please message them to me because I need to keep up with it.

DRINK YOUR WATER. You are supposed to have 64oz EVERY DAY! Water retention is gonna kill your numbers on the scale.

STAY UNDER your calorie goal!!! This is one month straight of doing it the RIGHT way with no cheat days. YOU CAN DO THIS.
If for any reason you are unable to do the challenges because of health or physical reasons (NOT BECAUSE YOU ARE LAZY) then you can modify. Just remember you’re stronger than you think so make the challenge GOOD!

The TEAM challenge for this week is to burn 10,000 calories. This challenge is so easy it’s ridiculous. If everyone were to burn an EXTRA 300 calories just 3 days this week we would meet our goal. We’re doing the copy/paste thing again! I want your commitments then at the end of the week I want your results!!! Also, when your write your commitments I want to know how last week went. If you met ALL goals and challenges EVERY DAY. Thanks!

Here’s to week TWO Skinny Mini’s!!!! : )

1. Kristi-I commit to EVERY challenge in week two and will contribute 1500 EXTRA calories burned to meet the team challenge. (I can do more but I want this to be a TEAM effort) Week one went great for me. Ended up doing 5 extra miles, completed all the challenges, stayed under my calorie goal every day, and drank a LOT of water. I didn't lose one stinkin' pound this week but next week...oh HOT MAMA. :)

Replies

• sunshinestorm
    sunshinestorm Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    So excited for week 2!

1. Kristi-I commit to EVERY challenge in week two and will contribute 1500 EXTRA calories burned to meet the team challenge. (I can do more but I want this to be a TEAM effort) Week one went great for me. Ended up doing 5 extra miles, completed all the challenges, stayed under my calorie goal every day, and drank a LOT of water. I didn't lose one stinkin' pound this week but next week...oh HOT MAMA. :)
    2. Sunshinestorm/Jessica- I commit to every challenge in week 2 and will contribute 1600 calories burned to meet the team challenge. Week one was great for me. I did all of the challenges each day and walked 3 extra miles. I stayed under my calorie goal each day and also drank a lot of water. I weigh in tomorrow morning for my official weekly weigh in so I'll let you all know!
  • Andreeann
    Options
    2. Sunshinestorm/Jessica- I commit to every challenge in week 2 and will contribute 1600 calories burned to meet the team challenge. Week one was great for me. I did all of the challenges each day and walked 3 extra miles. I stayed under my calorie goal each day and also drank a lot of water. I weigh in tomorrow morning for my official weekly weigh in so I'll let you all know!
    3. AndreeAnn: I commit to every challenge in week 2 and will contribute 1500 calories burned to meet the team challenge. Week one went well. I did not lose pound since September 1. I stayed under my calorie every day, I drank all the water, walked/run 3.5 miles for the team challenge and I did all the challenge !
  • Spiceanne
    Spiceanne Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    3. AndreeAnn: I commit to every challenge in week 2 and will contribute 1500 calories burned to meet the team challenge. Week one went well. I did not lose pound since September 1. I stayed under my calorie every day, I drank all the water, walked/run 3.5 miles for the team challenge and I did all the challenge !
    4. Spiceanne: Week one was awesome for me. I completed the challenges every day and walked 3 extra miles. I stayed under my calorie goal every day and drank all my water. Since Friday August 26th I lost 3.5 pounds. In week two i will contribute 1600 EXTRA calories burned, I will complete every challenge, stay under my calories, and drink a lot of water
  • achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    4. Spiceanne: Week one was awesome for me. I completed the challenges every day and walked 3 extra miles. I stayed under my calorie goal every day and drank all my water. Since Friday August 26th I lost 3.5 pounds. In week two i will contribute 1600 EXTRA calories burned, I will complete every challenge, stay under my calories, and drink a lot of water
    5. Mindey: Last week I completed all the challenges, drank over my limit of water, and pushed hard. I plan to do the same this week, This week i plan to meet all the challenge demands, drink my water, and burn the extra calories asked of me. I plan to support my buddy and myself as i continue this journey.
  • mzjessicab
    mzjessicab Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Sun 09/04/11 01:01 PM1. Kristi-I commit to EVERY challenge in week two and will contribute 1500 EXTRA calories burned to meet the team challenge. (I can do more but I want this to be a TEAM effort) Week one went great for me. Ended up doing 5 extra miles, completed all the challenges, stayed under my calorie goal every day, and drank a LOT of water. I didn't lose one stinkin' pound this week but next week...oh HOT MAMA. :)
    5. Mindey: Last week I completed all the challenges, drank over my limit of water, and pushed hard. I plan to do the same this week, This week i plan to meet all the challenge demands, drink my water, and burn the extra calories asked of me. I plan to support my buddy and myself as i continue this journey.
    6. Jessica- Week one was great for me- I drank LOTS of WATER and I completed all of the challenges...I promise to commit to all of the challenges in week two and will contribute 1000 extra calories burned to meet the team challenge. I actually think I lost 2 pounds but need to verify that in the morning when I weigh in (I weighed myself pre-maturely this afternoon)! I also stayed under my calorie goal even during my overnight shifts in the ER!!! I will rock this week too!!!!
  • mzjessicab
    Options
    Sun 09/04/11 01:01 PM1. Kristi-I commit to EVERY challenge in week two and will contribute 1500 EXTRA calories burned to meet the team challenge. (I can do more but I want this to be a TEAM effort) Week one went great for me. Ended up doing 5 extra miles, completed all the challenges, stayed under my calorie goal every day, and drank a LOT of water. I didn't lose one stinkin' pound this week but next week...oh HOT MAMA. :)
    6. Jessica- Week one was great for me- I drank LOTS of WATER and I completed all of the challenges...I promise to commit to all of the challenges in week two and will contribute 1000 extra calories burned to meet the team challenge. I actually think I lost 2 pounds but need to verify that in the morning when I weigh in (I weighed myself pre-maturely this afternoon)! I also stayed under my calorie goal even during my overnight shifts in the ER!!! I will rock this week too!!!!
  • mzjessicab
    Options
  • Tess12513
    Options
    Very excited for week 2! I actually took a mini vacation this week and am at the shore...no scale here but still killing it in workouts!!

8. Theresa- I commit to EVERY challenge in week two and will contribute 2000 EXTRA calories burned to meet the team challenge. Week one was awesome; ended up doing 5 extra miles and completed all the challenges while staying under my calorie goal every day and drinking water, water, water! I also did not lose any weight this week but here I come after week 2! I was so stressed last week with exams etc...that I'm thinking my body was holding on to the extra weight!!
  • achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    THE ENCOURAGEMENT TRAIN IS BACK.....HOWS EVERYONE DOING......THIS WEEK IS ANOTHER OPPORTUNITY TO PROVE TO YOURSELF THAT YOU CAN DO THIS, THAT YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR LIFE, THAT YOU CAN BE THAT SEXY BEAUTIFUL WOMAN THAT YOU ARE.....SO LADIES LETS DO THIS.......LETS CONTINUE TO WIN THIS BATTLE.....AND HAVE FUN ALONG THE WAY.....

BIG HUGS.....XOXOXOX
    MINDEY
  • lloydmel
    lloydmel Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    8. Theresa- I commit to EVERY challenge in week two and will contribute 2000 EXTRA calories burned to meet the team challenge. Week one was awesome; ended up doing 5 extra miles and completed all the challenges while staying under my calorie goal every day and drinking water, water, water! I also did not lose any weight this week but here I come after week 2! I was so stressed last week with exams etc...that I'm thinking my body was holding on to the extra weight!!
    9. Melissa - I commit to EVERY challenge in week two and will contribute to an extra 1000 calories burned to meet the team challenge. Week one went well. I ended up doing 3 1/2 extra miles and completed all the challenges while staying under in calories, drinking tons of water. I got back to the weight I was before the challenge started, so the extra pound went away, and now I'm hoping that this means I'm kicking it into gear! I have to warn you though, my area is going to have A LOT of rain in the next 3 days; we will be in flooding conditions (I am in North West GA area and we are getting bad weather from the tropical storm Lee. So, hopefully my power won't go out, and hopefully it won't flood so and rain the next three days... I LOVE working out! Hoping that I can do my regular plus so much more! I haven't taken a day off this week, and I haven't really wanted to! :wink:
  • MittenKitten1219
    MittenKitten1219 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    9. Melissa - I commit to EVERY challenge in week two and will contribute to an extra 1000 calories burned to meet the team challenge. Week one went well. I ended up doing 3 1/2 extra miles and completed all the challenges while staying under in calories, drinking tons of water. I got back to the weight I was before the challenge started, so the extra pound went away, and now I'm hoping that this means I'm kicking it into gear! I have to warn you though, my area is going to have A LOT of rain in the next 3 days; we will be in flooding conditions (I am in North West GA area and we are getting bad weather from the tropical storm Lee. So, hopefully my power won't go out, and hopefully it won't flood so and rain the next three days... I LOVE working out! Hoping that I can do my regular plus so much more! I haven't taken a day off this week, and I haven't really wanted to! wink
    10.Cat In A Box/ Tiffany: I commit to every challenge this week (even if I have to shift them around) and will contribute an extra 1000 calories burned this week. Week 1 went well even though I couldn't always make it under my calorie goal. I drank a lot of water and walked a ton! I think it was about 5 extra miles. I lost 0.7 kg which is a little over 1.5 lbs! This week work starts in hard with 12 - 13.5 hr shifts at least 3 or 4 days out of the week. It's going to be rough but I feel great and really motivated! Thanks ladies for all the well wishes and support!
  • sunshinestorm
    sunshinestorm Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Great job ladies! I love the encouragement and motivation. Keep up the good work and make this week a good one!
  • beaner96
    Options
    9. Melissa - I commit to EVERY challenge in week two and will contribute to an extra 1000 calories burned to meet the team challenge. Week one went well. I ended up doing 3 1/2 extra miles and completed all the challenges while staying under in calories, drinking tons of water. I got back to the weight I was before the challenge started, so the extra pound went away, and now I'm hoping that this means I'm kicking it into gear! I have to warn you though, my area is going to have A LOT of rain in the next 3 days; we will be in flooding conditions (I am in North West GA area and we are getting bad weather from the tropical storm Lee. So, hopefully my power won't go out, and hopefully it won't flood so and rain the next three days... I LOVE working out! Hoping that I can do my regular plus so much more! I haven't taken a day off this week, and I haven't really wanted to! wink
    10.Cat In A Box/ Tiffany: I commit to every challenge this week (even if I have to shift them around) and will contribute an extra 1000 calories burned this week. Week 1 went well even though I couldn't always make it under my calorie goal. I drank a lot of water and walked a ton! I think it was about 5 extra miles. I lost 0.7 kg which is a little over 1.5 lbs! This week work starts in hard with 12 - 13.5 hr shifts at least 3 or 4 days out of the week. It's going to be rough but I feel great and really motivated! Thanks ladies for all the well wishes and support!
    12. Beaner96/Shelley - I commit to EVERY challenge in week two and will contribute 1500 EXTRA calories burned to meet the team challenge. Week 1 was good. I lost 2 pounds and drank lots of water. I've got a crazy week ahead, but will get it done!
  • TonyaBrandt
    TonyaBrandt Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Tonya: I completed all the challenges for week one and walked/ran an extra 4 miles for the team challenge. I committ to completing all the challenges for week two and will contribut 1800 calories burned to the team goal. I have been out of town and need to get to the club to weigh in (will do tomorrow).
  • Tess12513
    Options
    So I just finished the challenges for today and whew... Just wanted to wish everyone a happy and healthy Labor day!
  • kristimaggard
    kristimaggard Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Great job ladies!!! Excited about this week! I'm about to get my workout on and do these crazy challenges!!! :) Shelley! Congrats on your weight loss!! If you didn't lose weight this week (like me) GET READY! It's coming off this week! Also, I've changed some buddies up-if I haven't contacted you then your buddy has stayed the same!!! :)
  • mazzy72
    mazzy72 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    12. Beaner96/Shelley - I commit to EVERY challenge in week two and will contribute 1500 EXTRA calories burned to meet the team challenge. Week 1 was good. I lost 2 pounds and drank lots of water. I've got a crazy week ahead, but will get it done!
    13.Marie-josee: I commit to every challenge in week 2 and will contribute 1500 calories burned to meet the team challenge. Week one went well. I did not lose pound since September 1. I stayed under my calorie 3 day on 4, I'll do better this week , I drank all the water, walked/run 3 miles for the team challenge and I did all the challenge !
  • kristimaggard
    kristimaggard Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Just finished day one of week two challenge. I did three miles, 100 jumping jacks, 100 lunges, and 50 squats (I HATE squats)!! I've had about 130oz of water today and I'm about to take baby Chaz out for another mile's walk. I have 300 calories left over! It felt good but I AM TIRED!!!!

How did day one go ladies?!?! Love hearing your results!!! Here we come DAY TWO!!!

This is baby Chaz...

babychaz.jpg
  • beaner96
    Options
    I did an awesome interval workout at the track tonight (walk, run, sprint, back pedaling) to get in my 2 miles. Felt great. Thanks for the challenge, Kristi!
  • mazzy72
    mazzy72 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Today I finished the day 1 of the 2 week challenge. I drank 80 oz of water, in the evening I did my 50 jumping jacks, 25 lunges and 25 sumo squats. I also did my 2 miles extra and what is funny is because I could not go outside or to the gym, so I made ​​the two miles in the living room! I count the 2 miles with my pedometer!

Day TWO tomorrow!