Holding water and I NEED it to go away!!

Options
How do I make the overload of sodium get out of my system??? I am holding water and feel like a good year blimp!!!

Thanks!

Replies

• kristlynngirl
    kristlynngirl Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Drink lots and lots and lots of water.
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Sounds stupid but DRINK MORE WATER!
  • modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I know it sounds crazy... But drink a ton of water and your body will soon release
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water...the more water you drink the more water weight you'll lose. I didn't really believe this until I started doing it. When I know I'm eating out and having something with high sodium, I'll drink lots of water before and after and usually I won't gain. WATER is good!!
  • jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I agree - drinking MORE water will actually cleanse your system. Sounds counter intuitive, I know.
  • mynika
    mynika Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    bump
  • shaj316
    shaj316 Posts: 161
    Options
    If you drink more water and work up a good sweat, you wont believe how often and regularly you'll go to the bathroom.
  • CaptainMFP
    CaptainMFP Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Certainly drink water as suggested and really watch your sodium intake. On a daily basis this is avoidable if you keep your water up and your sodium down. I just had a big bump (5 lbs. gained in two days) from sodium and water retention following our local rib cook-off. I was able to take it almost all off in one day with heavy water consumption and low sodium intake. If you're looking for ways to keep sodium down, feel free to browse my diary. I gross about 2200 calories a day on average (I eat nearly all exercise calories) but keep my average sodium intake to around 1700 mg and keep it under 1600 mg more than half the time, so I've gotten pretty good at keeping sodium low without simply cutting calories. There are lots of little changes you can make (e.g. using Swiss cheese over other cheese types, buying low sodium and no-salt added foods, etc.) that lead to lower sodium long term (and a whole lot less bloat!)
  • obryanp
    obryanp Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Drink Drink Drink & Drink
  • KindleBlossom
    Options
    I'd say, in addition to the great advice above, also try adding rounds of cardio (or more intense cardio), perhaps while wearing sweats. This will help your body expel some of the excess salt in another totally natural way. But, of course, that goes hand in hand with the extra hydration! Good luck. :)
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    water's good, water with lemon is better as a natural diuretic
  • Jennra
    Jennra Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thanks all!!