body tingling...

Options
okay my body has started to tingle at the end of my workouts lately...anybody else experience that? i've been working really hard lately, doesn't feel bad...just new. ideas anyone?

Replies

• Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I dont know but my head throbs so hard I feel as if I'm having an anuerism.. I checked my sodium and its low.. and i had a blood pressure test done and its normal.

Whats going on with us? :huh:
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it. You should probably call and ask your doctor.
  • SusanRenee35
    SusanRenee35 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    yes! and i was actually going to blog about it myself! For me when i work out i watch & listen to a justin timberlake concert & the exercising, the taking care of myself, the thoughts of loving my appearance more, buying new clothes & all that combined with my new life is what i racked up the tingling to......excitement, the oxygen going to all the different parts of my body because its moving and renewing it's cells in a healthier form...maybe I sound a bit nuts here but that is what I figured it all was :)
  • sh3lby03
    sh3lby03 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    If it's in your muscles...i get it in the front of my thighs a lot after squats and lunges, it is a lactic acid build up in your muscles
  • swinginchandra
    swinginchandra Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    that happens to me when I'm dehydrated! Like if I go for a long run in the heat, or work out hung over. I would try upping your water consumption both leading up to and during your workout, and see if it helps.
  • jlowensby
    Options
    Mine does that....kinda like a flushed feeling and a warm tingle??? I just contribute it too a good workout! I have always done it and the dr have always said I am healthy..so I don't think its anything to worry about. But if you are worrying you can always ask your doctor.
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    endorphins...could be an exercise high. endorphins are stronger than the best morphine you can get...lol just saying :) i get runners high when i have a good run and my limbs tingle, but i figure its just endorphins because it goes away and doesn't cause any problems after i've cooled down.
  • kgs0201
    kgs0201 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    back when I first started working out consistently and pushing myself I had the tingling. I haven't had it in quite awhile but I think that's because I've developed my muscles. You may want to go to a doctor but I never did and it went away with time. It only happened after a workout so I just attributed it to me pushing my body to change.
  • jrcox520
    jrcox520 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Its the enormous amount of awesome running through your veins after a fantastic workout. If you had kept going I bet you would have morphed into Superwoman.
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I get tingling in my fingers when I'm doing yoga if I am not hydrated enough.

Sometimes if I am really pushing myself up hill on my bike I can get tingling in my fingers and toes, and I think then it is scary.

GG
  • tlc1222
    tlc1222 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Low blood sugar can cause tingling/numbness.
  • kathykroeger
    Options
    try gatorade. sounds like an electrolyte imbalance. Electrolytes help your neurotransmitters work, aka, your nerves.
  • kathykroeger
    Options
    try gatorade. sounds like an electrolyte imbalance. Electrolytes help your neurotransmitters work, aka, your nerves.
  • mbissey
    Options
    I dont know but my head throbs so hard I feel as if I'm having an anuerism.. I checked my sodium and its low.. and i had a blood pressure test done and its normal.

Whats going on with us? :huh:

This used to happen to me. For me, it was an exercise induced migraine. I had to learn to breathe more steadily and to take breaks when I could feel it starting to build. Until I learned that I thought my head was going to explode especially when doing mountain climbers or pushing the weighted sled. It's better now, but I went to the doctor several times before figuring it out. Also found using an asthma inhaler before strenous workouts helps too. See your doctor.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    When I've worked out hard my muscles 'ping' rather than tingle, particularly my butt! I don't worry about it, feels like it's the muscles just settling down again when I get it...
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    could be that you are hyperventilating if you are pushing yourself very hard and your extremities are slightly lacking in oxygen? if so as soon as your breathing calms down it will go...