New...again

Options
I am really not new in the strictest sense of the word. I have had an account since 2014, it just hasn't gotten any use.

So, I guess like most, I have been up and down with my weight my whole life. I have lost hundreds of pounds and gained hundreds of pounds back. In September 2019 something happened and it just clicked in my brain that I needed to get my health in line. I wish I could tell you what the catalyst was, but I don't know. It wasn't health-related because my doctor has been begging me for 10 years to get right. He had devolved to the point where he was like, "Hey, how about baby steps, can you get under 300 at least?" I wasn't interested in that. What is different this time around is I am highly motivated to do this. I KNOW the weight will never come back. I started with Weight Watchers and it has quit working for whatever reason. I have gained and lost the same 3 pounds for the last 2 months and I was following the plan to the letter. I have wanted to take more control over my nutrition, so here I am back on MFP.

Here is my comparison:

Then: 328, high blood pressure, resting heart rate of almost 100, and my A1C was 9. My best friend was the McDonald's drive-thru.

Now: 251, 110/69, resting heart rate of 69, A1C 6.5. I can't even stomach the golden arches now.

My goal is 205-210. It wouldn't hurt me to have some friends too, so if you have a mind hit me up.

Replies

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Hey welcome back.
    Great progress. Do you do and exercise maybe switching that up or adding some might help with that stubborn 3 lb
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    Pain is the precursor to change. That's the way it was for me. I was dog tired of starting over and over again. The WW didn't work for me after years of going to those meetings and getting on the scale was like going down a cattle chute with the herd. I don't want to belong to a weight loss club. We all have our dues in life to pay but I'm not going out like that.

MFP helps me take full responsibility for myself by tracking my data points. Great job all the way around, bdaniels68.
  • bdaniels68
    bdaniels68 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Hey welcome back.
    Great progress. Do you do and exercise maybe switching that up or adding some might help with that stubborn 3 lb

Yes, I workout 5 days a week. I have recently switched to outside workouts. The gym closings helped with that decision... :D I found that I really enjoy getting outside and that has helped me inject some new life into what I am doing.
  • bdaniels68
    bdaniels68 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    Pain is the precursor to change. That's the way it was for me. I was dog tired of starting over and over again. The WW didn't work for me after years of going to those meetings and getting on the scale was like going down a cattle chute with the herd. I don't want to belong to a weight loss club. We all have our dues in life to pay but I'm not going out like that.

MFP helps me take full responsibility for myself by tracking my data points. Great job all the way around, bdaniels68.

Agreed. I felt like I needed the accountability from the meetings. Like you, I wanted more control over my nutrition and what I was doing as far as my health. I knew I couldn't spend the rest of my life counting points, so I had to figure it out for myself.
  • Emican2020
    Emican2020 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Great work! Feel free to add me.
  • Em05us
    Em05us Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You have done amazing! Feel free to add!