Need an accountability buddy

Options
Hello - I am looking for an accountability buddy for healthy eating and exercise. I have set a goal to eat healthy and exercise daily, but I have trouble sticking to my goals, so I need someone to help me stay accountable. I am a teacher and a mom of two teenagers. Hoping to find someone with similar goals so we can help each other!

Replies

• dpedersen27
    dpedersen27 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I to have the problem of sticking to something long term. I've been doing plant based eating for 3 weeks now and feel great. The big hurdle is to stick. But I'm doing for my life and I have to remember that.

I'm 52 and 380 lbs. Luckily to dire medical needs and trying to keep it that way.
  • Oh_hey_its_tam
    Oh_hey_its_tam Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I don't have many active friends on here. Myfitnesspal worked wonders for me in the past, so I'm back. Feel free to add me! I have a 12 and 15 year old and have been on a fitness smack down for the last month :)
  • dpedersen27
    Options
    It's hard when you have active teenagers and work 10 to 12 hours a day. But we do it anyway.

I have twin 14 yr old boys and they are starting high school soon.

You can add me as a friend as well and we can help each other.
  • longsally
    longsally Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi all!!!!!!! I started dieting 6 weeks ago tomorrow. I have a 19 year old autistic son and a 17 year old son and work from home as well as in the ER for the last 25 years (nurse). My weight has gone up ever since they removed my thyroid. I started out at 155 lbs. I was 175 after the kids were born and then, after surgery I went up to a little over 251. Now, I do stand 6'2", that is NOT a typo and I have set a goal to get to 200 lbs before I reevaluate if I want to go lower. As of this am, I am 231.8 but the weight loss is slowing to a crawl and this is where I usually lose my motivation. I would LOVE a buddy to keep me on track!!!!! I saw you all and would love to join up but I do not know how to add any friends!!!
  • dpedersen27
    Options
    Hi longsally, sounds like you are busy person. I commend you on taking care of an autistic child and work full time.
  • Diane_1812
    Diane_1812 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    @dpedersen27 - Good for you for sticking to a plant-based diet for 3 weeks! That's great!

@Oh_hey_its_tam - Fitness smack down :-)

@longsally - I got my thyroid removed when I was 23 (I'm 47 now, so basically half my life ago). Do you know if your thyroid levels are right? Mine have had to be adjusted recently. I'm 5'10" so I can relate to being tall. Good for you for your weight loss already! Way to go!

I will add all three of you has friends. If you want to make a group, let me know... I can do that, too!
  • Diane_1812
    Options
    Oh, and I'm Diane, by the way. :-)
  • dpedersen27
    Options
    We can make a group. I would really like keeping contact with y'all and helping to stay accountable
  • dianita01
    dianita01 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey Diane! I’m looking for accountability buddies too. Feel free to add me!
  • RaeWats
    RaeWats Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hey Diane 👋 I’m a married, full time working mom to 2 teens, and I’m trying to get my eating and exercise back on track! I’m looking for someone to help keep me in check, as I lost the weight a couple years back, but it has found its way back to me! Feel free to add me!
    -Rachel
  • dpedersen27
    Options
    How y'all doing. Looks like we all need help with accountability and encouragement.

I believe in all of you.

Believe in yourselves also.

You are all worth all the goodness possible.
  • dpedersen27
    Options
    I am 52 and 380 lbs.

3 weeks ago I switch to plant base whole food. I've lost 20 lbs and then I stalled. My blood work has come back wonderful and I'm feeling good. Now I need to keep it up and add more activity to my routine.

With all your help I know I can keep up the work I need to do.
  • Diane_1812
    Options
    @dianita01 and @IDARae - hello! Thank you for replying to my post! It's so nice to be able to connect with others who are working on getting healthy. I have sent each of you a friend request (and you, too, @dpedersen27) and I created a group and added all of us to it. It's 10 people including me. Not sure if that's great for accountability (maybe a buddy system is better?) but I've never used groups on MYP before, so I thought maybe we should try it out. No pressure to join at all... just trying to find the best option that works for me, mostly! :-)
  • stiles31611
    stiles31611 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!! My name is Sarah and I am looking for accountability buddies as well. I used MFP 3 years ago and lost about 30 lbs. I fell off my diet when I found out I was pregnant with my son. But since then I have gained all that weight back and then some. So I am back on here in hopes to get down to my goal weight.

SW: 261
    CW: 255
    1st GW: 220
    2nd GW: 199
    Final GW: 175
  • dpedersen27
    Options
    Hi Sarah, I'm Don.
    I find it so helpful for me to encourage others. It makes me feel good also.

Glad to see that you want to get healthy and the app here works wonders if your honest with yourself and what you document.

Also, dont call it a diet. Call it a change in lifestyle for the better....

I'm 52 and 380 lbs . Your not nearly my age or weight so I know you can do miracles with yourself.

I believe in you.

Believe in youself also....
  • janieg8898
    janieg8898 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    dianita01 wrote: »
    Hey Diane! I’m looking for accountability buddies too. Feel free to add me!

hey I am looking for an accountable buddy as well
  • manoelabrito7
    manoelabrito7 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm looking for accountability buddies as well. Is so hard to keep on track when you don't have an appropriate support net. I would love if you could please add me to your group as well! :)
  • Chunky_Chick_Shrinks
    Chunky_Chick_Shrinks Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    ME TOO! I'm back and need some truth speaking, supportive buddies as well!

SW:185
    CW:170
    GW:135