Not sure if this is the correct thread. Belly holder

Options
Good afternoon all,

I'm looking to start walking with my daughter throughout the day. However, after walking 5-10 minutes my lower back is on fire. It seems as if it's from my stomach weight. Is there something I can use, or someone can recommend something I can use to hold the fat up to make this pain go away so I can walk for more than 5-10 minutes? Thank you all for the support.

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Are you carrying your daughter?
  • tember02
    tember02 Posts: 2 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    harper16 wrote: »

No, I'm walking her in her trike. But even when I'm walking by myself, my lower back is on fire.
  • harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    tember02 wrote: »
    harper16 wrote: »

No, I'm walking her in her trike. But even when I'm walking by myself, my lower back is on fire.

What seems to help me is wearing leggings that help hold my stomach in.
  • Mithridites
    Mithridites Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    If you are able to do some gentle core exercises and strenghten your core, eventually your own muscles will perform that function. Look up: cat-cow, bird dogs and supermans. Did wonders for my low back pain. Until then high-waist compression leggings are your friend.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Many of us started with 5-10 min of walking and increased a few minutes each week. Core strengthening exercises would likely help, just realize it takes awhile. Have you had a doctor check your back to diagnose any possible injuries or disc problems?
  • hlr1987
    hlr1987 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Small things to help now would be simple stretches before bed, the cat/cow combo is a good one to Google and spend time doing as a starter, easy to fit in 5 mins and it helps with the pain.