Beachbody program ideas for after 21 day fix

Options
laceyf53
laceyf53 Posts: 110 Member
Hi everyone,

I just finished 21 day fix and tomorrow I'm remixing 21 day fix using the live programs.

After remixing the fix, I'm trying to plan out my workouts for the rest of the year. I'm thinking about this order:

21 day fix extreme
80 Day Obsession
P90X

This takes me through December 30th.

But I haven't seen many comments on 21 day fix extreme, I see lots of people like LIIFT and Instanity or Max 30. Insanity is too much impact right now, it's something I'd consider next year once I've lost more weight.

Thanks for your input!

Replies

• Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Seems like a good order to me! I‘be done 21 Day Fix, 21 Day Fix Extreme, Barre Blend (only the first half) and am starting 80 Day Obsession tomorrow. I love Autumn so I’m looking forward to doing one of her programs again.

21 Day Fix Extreme (for me at least) was quite a jump up in difficulty from the regular program. I liked barre blend but wanted to get back to some heavier lifting which is why I’m switching over to 80 Day Obsession.

My husband has done P90x and Liift4. He prefers the instructor from lift4 but felt like P90x did a better job explaining all the moves and proper form so I know he’d recommend P90x before Lift4
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Does it have to be beach body? There's so much on YouTube, it's hard for me to get stuck on any one "program" especially if you have to pay for it.
    It also depends on what your goals are. Strength, cardio, flexibility?
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Does it have to be beach body? There's so much on YouTube, it's hard for me to get stuck on any one "program" especially if you have to pay for it.
    It also depends on what your goals are. Strength, cardio, flexibility?

Beachbody is a subscription service that you pay for upfront ($100 for the year) and renews annually so she has access to all these programs and has already paid for them.

And yes, there is a lot on YouTube but personally I prefer programs that are already set up with a succession of workouts and they are worth paying for because I’m much more likely to stick with them.
  • NicoleinVegas
    NicoleinVegas Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I liked the live versions of 21day fix. I also liked 80 day obsession. But I loved Morning Meltdown so I'd recommend that one above the rest. I am currently on week 6 of barre blend and not really enjoying it that much. Moving on the Liift after I finish up to get in a little more weights.
  • DancingMoosie
    Options
    I follow Sydney Cummings and she has a program set up for 12 weeks, for free, on YouTube. To each their own. I have followed T25 alpha and beta and now have gamma, but it's not the best for strength. I have heard good things about 80 DO
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    @DancingMoosie I wasn’t aware she had actual 12 week programs. Is it hard to make this progressive? Weighing the benefits of a structured 12 week program with progressive overload and doing hers for 12 weeks.
  • laceyf53
    laceyf53 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear I picked well haha! I did Insanity (long time ago) and would like to do it again, tried it this year and made it 3 weeks but was just too tired to function so dropped to 21 day fix doing the doubles option through the whole workout series. I am looking to lose weight primarily, but also be toned/add some muscle which is why I picked programs based on weights/resistance. My only goal (besides weight loss) is to do a 6-week body makeover boot camp in January, and those are hard so I'll need the endurance and strength to get through the whole thing.
  • DancingMoosie
    Options
    CeeBeeSlim wrote: »
    @DancingMoosie I wasn’t aware she had actual 12 week programs. Is it hard to make this progressive? Weighing the benefits of a structured 12 week program with progressive overload and doing hers for 12 weeks.

I don't really know what this program will bring. I did her May challenge, and she basically talks about progressive overload within the workout itself and showing you ways to increase the resistance if needed. It's not the same as working with heavy weights. I was used to being in the gym, doing the 5 big lifts(plus some others) with bars and plates. But I have to do something different with what I have at home(which is not heavy bars and plates) since I don't have access to the gym. She has the full May challenge on her channel, so you could always look at what it includes and decide if it's something you like.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    @DancingMoosie - Thanks. I’ll stick with my structured routine and sub exercises or increase reps since there’s no gym. I’m sure I can find other ways to incorporate Sydney into my workout schedule to liven things up a bit.
  • ByFaith4Life4Christ
    ByFaith4Life4Christ Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Looks like you have a plan!! I am doing Hammer & Chisel. Leaning towards doing liift4 or 80DO next.
    Good luck and remember to have fun.