data usage and wifi speed

Options
2»

Replies

• spr931
    spr931 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    With autoplay off and background data disabled I get both autoplay at times, and background data usage 🤷‍♂️

annoying as heck!!
    yirara wrote: »
    So I get about 25MB of data usage on the app per day. It's steep but not too shocking. That's not even a GB per month. Thus no idea what the difference is between my iOS setup and what you people see.

Thats about my average a day to when using just the app.
    Although I prefer reading these forums while on the computer because of the bigger screen and a real keyboard for typing :)
  • Wendyanneroberts
    Wendyanneroberts Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »
    I prefer the app (wether on my tablet or phone) but both android. I've just had a look through settings and I can't find anything that disables the blog videos. On my home page, they constantly play, no off or pause, that I can find. The only thing I can do is mute them, so don't have constant audio as well.

Settings > Privacy Center >
    Sharing & privacy settings > Auto-play settings

Not that it matters much, the ads still play automatically on my feed :confused:

Thanks,
  • Wendyanneroberts
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    With autoplay off and background data disabled I get both autoplay at times, and background data usage 🤷‍♂️

I have now changed all my settings this morning, thanks. Although not sure when my settings changed before, or if It's changes on mfp end.

Will now wait and see, was hopeful, until I checked in to thank for settings info, and read your update.
  • Wendyanneroberts
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »
    I prefer the app (wether on my tablet or phone) but both android. I've just had a look through settings and I can't find anything that disables the blog videos. On my home page, they constantly play, no off or pause, that I can find. The only thing I can do is mute them, so don't have constant audio as well.

Settings > Privacy Center >
    Sharing & privacy settings > Auto-play settings

Not that it matters much, the ads still play automatically on my feed :confused:

Thanks, have changed settings, will see if it makes a difference
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    The other issue I should have mentioned is that I live in a semi-rural area in the UK. My ability to stream is hampered by the phone signal outside and even the strength of WiFi in the house. It takes longer than I want to load ads when they’re really not important to me, so paying for premium means I can input my food promptly rather than screaming at my phone in frustration. (Random middle aged woman screaming at phone in public is not a look I’m going for.)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I've been seeing threads like this for years and consequently have not installed the app. I'm fine with desktop.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    That’s why I pay for premium - the ads slowed my phone right down and it used stupid amounts of data. It works out cheaper to pay for premium than pay for data.

There are far cheaper options than premium but since they are considered competition to premium we are prohibited from naming them.