20D by Halloween Challenge: WEEK THREE

Options
Hello everyone!!

Sorry that I spaced last week and never created a thread. It was a pretty crazy week!

How is everyone?! Please feel free to share your victories and frustrations with your journey below!

I am VERY frustrated with myself at the moment. I went on a road trip this weekend to watch the Razorbacks play (go Hogs!) and did not do well with temptations! I did great on Saturday, but yesterday was a train wreck! I'm determined to work my butt off this week though to be where I need to be. As I've said before, one of my biggest struggles is eating healthy on the weekends. Maybe by the time this challenge is over, I'll have more willpower and will finally be on the road to conquering my vices!

What are your biggest temptations/setbacks and how do you handle them? What works for you?

Replies

• BeeRod527
    Options
    Yay! Week 3 thread!

Well I posted this on my Tumblr page earlier this morning. Tumblr has a rep for having tons of thinspo and pro-ana blogs and I needed to address them and how seeing that distracted me.

Here it is since some of you don't have Tumblr:
    So I started this about 2 months ago and is down almost 20 pounds and a dress size. Yes I am very proud of myself but there was a time in which I thought I would never lose the weight.

About a week or 2 ago, I hit my first plateau. I went from losing 2 pounds a week to only .5 pounds. I didn’t know what was going on. I was working out, drinking plenty of water, the works.

And thing 2 things hit me: I was eating WAY TOO LITTLE (even after exercise) and spending too much time looking at pro-ana/endos blogs. My net calories was no more than 1000 calories a day, which is causing me to slow down my weight loss. So I decided to do this: change my calorie goals on My Fitness Pal from 1200 net calories to 1700 net calories and stop looking at those blogs. Since then the weight loss happened again and is back on track. Since then I’ve been getting my net calories up between 1250-1400 net calories after exercise (or 1800-2200 calories altogether). I also decided that (screw) the whole “I can’t eat this or that” (BS) most pro-ana blogs promote. If I want pie, I’m gonna eat pie. If I want chocolate, I’m gonna have chocolate. Okay not the healthiest of choices to have once in a while, but it’s better than to constantly starve myself and eat only a carrot or only 2 pieces of grapefruit and expect to lose weight. So I’m gonna say this loud and clear, “having one piece of pie does not make me a failure” and I rather eat anything and be satisfied than to starve and be hard on myself.

I’ve been saying from the very beginning, I’m losing this for myself and for my health, not for some silly thigh gap or to impress a boy or icky collarbones. If it means it’s gonna be a slow process, then by all means, bring it on. I rather lose in a turtle’s pace and be toned than lose in a rabbit’s pace and have tons of loose skin! I hope this helps anyone who needs some sort of motivation.

Oh and I went on a shopping spree and fit into a size 14 Calvin Klein dress! I didn't buy the dress but at least it shows progress.
  • kristlynngirl
    kristlynngirl Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Thought I was going to have a good week, but actually gained 1.2 lbs despite exercise, healthy choices, and drinking tons of water. I tracked everything, even gave up drinking diet soft drinks (just was drinking water, Crystal Light, tea, coffee), and did some sort of physical activity every single day. I gained weight and lost 0 inches anywhere.

I was highly frustrated....and now today has made it worse!

Whenever it's a holiday at work, we all pitch in and bring in food and have a big old party. I started inputting what I had eaten and I'm in the ballpark of 1000 calories OVER for the day and got so mad I gave up. I feel so bloated and miserable. Every time I do well for a while, something like this totally sabotages me.
  • BeeRod527
    Options
    Thought I was going to have a good week, but actually gained 1.2 lbs despite exercise, healthy choices, and drinking tons of water. I tracked everything, even gave up drinking diet soft drinks (just was drinking water, Crystal Light, tea, coffee), and did some sort of physical activity every single day. I gained weight and lost 0 inches anywhere.

Whenever it's a holiday at work, we all pitch in and bring in food and have a big old party. I started inputting what I had eaten and I'm in the ballpark of 1000 calories OVER for the day and got so mad I gave up. I feel so bloated and miserable. Every time I do well for a while, something like this totally sabotages me.

Are you about to get your period?!
  • kristlynngirl
    Options

Are you about to get your period?!

I wish it was that easy, but nope, I'm dead in the middle of my cycle and way regular thanks to birth control.
  • kimyettar
    Options
    Glad to see week 3 post. I keep losing a pound or two but gaining it back so I'm still at 0 lbs lost. This weekend for me was not the best but I could have been soooo much worse so not beating myself up too much. This week I will have to work harder. Still doing C25K and 30DS. May increase the cardio this week as well. Still just taking it one day at a time. Wishing everyone a great productive fitness week.
  • JackeeW
    Options
    It sounds like a lot of us are in the same boat. But ya know what? We're still here dang it! So we deserve some type of credit for that!

I hope everyone has a better week! Keep moving forward.
  • momof6monkees
    Options
    Week two, though I started late with it, ended with two days of 30DS and 2 days of C25K... so I feel I ended the week better than I began it. I can't wait until tomorrow to do my C25K day 3. This challenge is exciting to me! :D
  • Julieash
    Julieash Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I was actually sick all of last week and didn't do good at all... even gained 3lbs. but I'm feeling a lot better this week and I actually have an appointment to sign up at the gym today right after work :) brought my workout clothes so I plan on working out tonight :)
  • mcmcmcshane
    mcmcmcshane Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I lost 27 lbs before hitting a plateau for 4 weeks. That's when I ran across this challenge. The goal, 2 lbs per week, was the same as my original goal but b/c I was now 8 lbs away from my goal - even if I lost 2, I didn't put one in the "win" column, I still considered myself a failure. While my story may sound silly, I feel as if many of you are beating yourselves up for your own silly reasons. Let’s look at the big picture! I love the story of Thomas Edison. He failed more than 1,000 times when trying to create the light bulb. When asked about it, Edison allegedly said, "I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb." The idea is that -- even if you try and fail, it doesn't mean that you didn't learn something.
    And I whole heartedly agree w/JackeeW. If you have a bad week, you could just quit.. but all of us are on here venting about are bad week so at least we haven’t quit!! We’re not even half way through this challenge! Let’s see how much weight loss butt we can kick!!
  • jesstiger81
    jesstiger81 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I kinda spaced last week, but I am still full on in weight loss/get healthier mode!

This past weekend I spent in Pensacola visiting my fiance. We didn't work out together as we had planned, but we did go to a wedding on Saturday and I danced all night! I know I torched so many calories, it was fun! We had a couple splurges (Arby's, Dairy Queen, Steak & Shake), so I'm not sure how I came in a pound lighter yesterday, but I'm gonna take it and run with it! Looking forward to having a healthy week.

Sorry if I get kinda sparse. My life is INSANE right now with school, work, and wedding planning. But this is really important to me so I'll be here as often as I can!!
  • Raw07
    Raw07 Posts: 206
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    Glad week 2 is over! I didnt weigh myself this week because I just didnt want to see the results of being away for 4 days. All i got to do was walk.
    Hoping to step it up this week :) I can barely walk my calves are so sore!! How can I get rid of this?

Go week three!!!
  • jesstiger81
    Options
    I weighed & measured today for a brides to be challenge I'm doing, and I am firm on that pound lost and 1 inch off bust, hips, and waist. Crazy!!
  • Hthfamily
    Hthfamily Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I finally have time to get online!! I have been up, down and all around this week. I ended up lossing 1.6 lbs though. I purchased Zumba and have done it for two days until I hurt my achillies tendon. I have been resting it for a couple days of hiking this weekend. Hopefully I can get back on track and stop the craziness!!
  • kristlynngirl
    Options
    Happy Hump Day, everyone! Hope you're having a great week. Did some retail therapy yesterday, and got me a Keurig 1-cup coffee maker, and I'm already in love! Also hit up the last day of the big Bath and Body Works sale and stocked up on some goodies at Sephora. Last night we went grocery shopping, and I made the Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe from skinnytaste.com and I can't wait to try a slice later. Cheesecake for under 300 cals a slice? Yes please!
  • mcmcmcshane
    mcmcmcshane Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I know everyone says to only weigh in once a week. But I find that if I only weigh in once a week, I go crazy! If I *thought* I was doing good & the scale disagrees, I get really down on myself.. If the scale is good, I feel like I can sneak some bad food in at the beginning of the week & lose it before the next weigh in.. But if I weigh in every day, I see the consequences (positive or negative) the next day & it keeps me focused on what I’m putting in my mouth. I don’t record my weight every day. I only update MFP one day a week on my official weigh in date. But weighing myself everyday makes me excited to pass on eating garbage b/c I wonder if I’ll see any difference tomorrow (I use an electronic scale that measures to the tenth of a pound.) While it’s GREAT to see big drops on the scale, I think it’s fun to see little bumps every day that teach you how your body loses weight. I’ve learned a lot about myself in the last 4.5 months w/MFP!!
  • JackeeW
    Options
    My week 3 (so far) has been my strongest one since week 1. BUT--I am so, SO worried that I will go crazy this weekend though when I go out of town. :(

I'm thinking of popping open one of these workout DVDs that I bought a few years ago but *ahem* never used and giving it a go a few days a week. I have got to get my motivation up about working out at least three times a week!

Side note: My water intake is ALLMMOOSSTTT where it needs to be. I'm getting to where I can drink (and crave) more water throughout the day, which is a plus for me. When this challenge started I wasn't drinking NEARLY enough water and now I'm averaging about 6 cups a day. Like I said, I still need to improve but at least I've noticed my intake is slowly increasing week by week.

I hope everyone is able to finish off their week on a strong note (myself included). Keep all of us posted! :)
  • BeeRod527
    Options
    It's official... I'm addicted to Dance Central! I know DC2 is coming out next month but I wanna get it!

Anyway, so far so good. However, my arms are sore from the previous 2 days of weights. Dancing to "Poker Face" in hard doesn't lessen the pain! :P
  • JackeeW
    Options
    It's official... I'm addicted to Dance Central! I know DC2 is coming out next month but I wanna get it!

We have a Wii and I really need to look into one of these games. It seems like a fun way to start the day and get in exercise at the same time.
  • kristlynngirl
    Options

Anyway, so far so good. However, my arms are sore from the previous 2 days of weights. Dancing to "Poker Face" in hard doesn't lessen the pain! :P

I need to look into this game, switch it up with Zumba.
  • jesstiger81
    Options
    Great job on the water intake Jackie! I am working on it too. Just focusing on always having a glass of water in front of me helps me get it in.

I have been really good about my eating the past two weeks. Hopefully I will keep seeing good results and keep it up. I'm not really exercising right now, just working more on the food part, trying to find my magic calorie number, but I'm doing crunches and squats and stuff like that.

Just a tip: I have a piece of string that I use to take my measurements. I guess you could use measuring tape but I don't have that, so I use a tape measure to measure the string after I put it around whatever I want to measure. I have the string tied around the refrigerator handle, so every time I go to the kitchen, I am reminded to make good choices. It's been helpful so far!

Hope everyone else is having a good week so far!