Confused on foods

Options
Ok someone please help me out , I eat pip and nut 100% peanut butter which I use in moderation I try to have 1 tablespoon a day on rice cracker With banana , But the fat content is 7g which is high and also I eat Greek fat yogurt which is 10g fat but the thing is I’m under my calories but my fat content is over , so my question basically is can I still eat these foods and lose weight or should I stop cause I’m gonna start putting it on :3

Replies

• moonangel12
    moonangel12 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I mostly ignore the macro warnings and focus on the calories for WL. I do pay a little attention to carbs since I am prone to blood sugar issues if I am not careful, and protein because if I don’t eat enough several days in a row I feel funky (probably due to the blood sugar issues as well). Fat won’t make you fat. You can tinker with your ratios to see what helps you feel the best.
  • dmkoenig
    dmkoenig Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Those are healthy foods and fats (at least the nut butter) and great sources of protein so as long as you are monitoring how much then you are good to go. Fats tend to be more satisfying and filling too so they can actually work to your weight loss advantage by minimizing snacking later on.
  • thelastnightingale
    thelastnightingale Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    If you want to lose weight fast, focus on the calories.

If you want to lose weight healthily, focus on the calories and the macros. You'll 'feel' better as a result - more balanced energy levels etc.

But going over some of your macros every now and again isn't going to cause any problems unless you have a medical issue.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I am over my chosen fat allowance of 30% of calories almost every day. I am losing weight as my calorie deficit predicts. What mix of macros you eat is not really much of an issue for weight loss. Macros drive health.

I chose my goals of 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fat after research of what would be both reasonable and good for a five-by-five, pushing 70 y.o. couch potato with type II diabetes. I'm usually under on protein and am trying to stay on target for carbs. My daily average for protein is still more than what is recommended for a "average" sedentary woman (46g) but my calculated number is far greater than that because of how many calories I eat. So, I have little worry that I am in a "danger zone" for too little protein. I just need to work on my habit of eating too much fat.

I used to keep track of transfats because they are bad for you so I aimed at zero and noted what I was eating with transfats. Now I no longer keep track of them because zero became my norm. Then I kept track of sodium because I was consuming too much. Also, no longer an issue for me. So now I keep track of saturated fats because they should be kept to a lowish amount and I still tend to over-consume them. I use tracking on the diary to look at my daily totals and figure out what I am eating that drives me over. I am, sadly, a cheese junkie.